cue action verifivation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cue action verifivation

hi , im working on my cue action after doing some litle changes i want to know if its correct or note ,
    plz check in this link and tel me what i have to work on and how if there is a particular routin for such problem
    https://youtu.be/8j2BTIAhr2U
    thank you in advance

You're dropping your upper arm into the stroke before the strike, basically moving the cue from the shoulder and elbow joints together rather than the elbow joint exclusively. Hold the cue about three or four inches further back so that your cue arm hangs down from the elbow at address slightly behind the vertical as opposed to right on vertical where it is now, place a length of tape around the butt at the first finger position as a reminder and keep your bridge length the same as it is now.
    You have plenty of cue behind your grip to allow for this, and remember to strike only from the elbow and keep your head still while looking at the object ball.
    Next time film yourself with your phone in the horizontal position for a wide screen view, OK ?
    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

thank you sir , yes off cours i will do ,
      basically moving the cue from the shoulder and elbow joints together rather than the elbow joint exclusively
      im trying to void shoulder mouvment ,and elbow droping ...
      Hold the cue about three or four inches further back so that your cue arm hangs down from the elbow at address slightly behind the vertical as opposed to right on vertical where it is now
      plz if possible explain more the last point
      this is my old video that proovs how much you and other members helped me
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFbYFwxjS0I

Comment

he means the current place you are holding your cue, your forearm is right angles to the ground (perpendicular). holding further back will be you are no longer at right angle as your forearm will now be slightly positioned further back

Comment

so i have to hold the cue somwhere near the yellow line

Comment

no. further away. further away from your body not closer to your body

Comment

i have to increase the distance between the grip and the hips ...

Comment

That's what vmax said

Comment

The point I think vmax is trying to say is that you are starting too close to your body. And your follow is probably too long for what your current gripping position allows for which is why you drop your shoulders on the shot. This causes all sorts including potential lateral movement (cueing across the ball) as well as striking the cue ball ball higher than intended (scooping) without you even realising.

So I believe vmax is suggesting you keep everything the same but hold slightly further back so that your follow through can be achieved without the need to rotate your shoulders and drop the elbows.

Comment

i have to change the angle formed by my arm and my body
                    and if am i need a power in a shot i have to move my bridge and my grip litle back...

Comment

all of that is irrelevant as long as your comfortable and can consistently cue straight. Just do the cue ball down middle table and practice straight cueing a lot. if you cant get that down then think about making changes.

Comment

This forum is the worst place in the world for advice.

You look like you need someone to properly have a look at your set-up. It's too complicated to just say move your hand back a fraction. There's all kinds of things you need to consider to have good fundamental technique.

As I say, I'm afraid it's too complicated to make a correct assessment from looking at a video of you from that one specific angle.
                        WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                        Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Have a look at the link I posted in the SiteRite thread?

I had a quick look at clips, but nowhere near as quick as your action....

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post

You look like you need someone to properly have a look at your set-up. It's too complicated to just say move your hand back a fraction. There's all kinds of things you need to consider to have good fundamental technique.

As I say, I'm afraid it's too complicated to make a correct assessment from looking at a video of you from that one specific angle.
                            Totally agree

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post

in my country there is no coach or any palyer who care about the fundamentals ... all what i can doo is keep trying so plz if you have any advice you wellcom , you may save a lot of my time by only some words
                              big thnx fo you all

Comment

Working...
                              X