My new Dave Coutts handmade cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Dave Coutts handmade cue

So after almost 4 years it is finally ready, my Dave Coutts handmade cue and all I can say is WOW! I usually use photobucket to upload photos here so if someone could upload the photos for me if I email the pics to them that would be great.
    You never know Dave might see this post and be able to upload some pics for me
    77 in a match, 97 in a line up

Comment

Thanks narl

Comment

That's a stunning looking cue but f;'k me 4 years? You must have the patience of a saint :-)

Comment

Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
          That's a stunning looking cue but f;'k me 4 years? You must have the patience of a saint :-)
          Yeh I ordered it in April 2014 but to be fair to Dave he said 2-3 years when I ordered, then 18 months in to the wait he messaged me to let me know he was running really behind on orders so it would be at least another 2 years, he even offered me the chance to cancel the order and have my deposit back but I was in no rush.
          I ordered a 1 piece Parris ultimate in February 2014 and since I ordered the waiting time on their website has increased to 50-60 months for a 1 piece ultimate. Judging by my maths it’s been 50 months since I ordered so hopefully work might start on that cue in the next 10 months but I won’t be holding my breath
          Last edited by rob s; 8 March 2018, 03:52 PM.

Comment

I know it's been well documented about lead times for cue makers but it's absolutely crazy when you think about..... Piece of ash, some splicing and away you go. Fair play for you waiting for the amount time you have I def wouldn't have the patience- I've just ordered a cue from David Bowen Cues and he quoted 9 months, driving me nuts already and it's only been a month!

Comment

Nice looking cue that. You don't see too many handmade coutts cues floating about

Comment

Thing of beauty that mate.
                Best cues around imo today. Top bloke dave too.

Comment

Nice looking cue

The grain is very dark and really stands out. Looks like some kind of grain filler has been used?

Comment

Recently tried black spray paint as a grain filler. Works a charm. best ever

Comment

Nice cue mate, what sort of price does he charge for that then ?

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                        Nice cue mate, what sort of price does he charge for that then ?
                        When I ordered it back in 2014 it was a tiny bit cheaper than the parris ultimate I ordered, so top end money but for amazing work done by the man himself, I think it’s worth it! It’s not made from a pre turned shaft or even a pre made cue that they finish, you get pics along the way of the progress it’s a great service provided by dave

Comment

The waiting times are ridiculous nowadays though, plus no guarantee you are going to get on with it after the long wait.

Comment

That is a lovely cue and heard nothing but good things about his cues.
                            He is one very busy man with lead times like that...

Something to aim for..
                            For that one you've always wanted...
                            https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Originally Posted by rob s View Post
                              When I ordered it back in 2014 it was a tiny bit cheaper than the parris ultimate I ordered, so top end money but for amazing work done by the man himself, I think it’s worth it! It’s not made from a pre turned shaft or even a pre made cue that they finish, you get pics along the way of the progress it’s a great service provided by dave
                              What are its specs?

Comment

Working...
                              X