Handmedown cue question! beginner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handmedown cue question! beginner

I have been given a cue from my dad, his old one. My dad was a very good player once of a day so I am told, he has few friends and i've been gripped by the masters so i cant wait to get playing with him! Im sure i will frustrate him for a while but hey ho.

The cue he gave me is called Peradon Edwardian. It is a one piece cue he tells me its a good one however after googling i cant seem to find the exact one. I have seen one piece peradons but they they all have the option for extension on the bottom and the one I've been given hasnt. Im basically wondering if it could be a fake, does that happen often in this game? Also, if that is unlikely, the cue makers seem quite reputable; would this cue be more than good enough for me to play with for a long time? I have a little experience and feel with plenty of practice with my dad and friends i could reach a level where i found the game really enjoyable and i want to get to this level.

Just wanted to get involved i feel myself being bitten with the snooker bug! Thanks in advance

Barrymanilow

Do you play at the Copa Cabbana?

Anyway if your old man was a good player and he thinks it's a good cue then it probably is, old cues don't have extension joints on them as it's a fairly recent innovation.

Comment

The hottest spot of North Havana!

Yeah you'd think so but my old man hasnt really played consistently for 20 years! He got himself a new one, i think he would tell me it's good because he doesn't want me to go and spend £200 on impulse when I'm really just starting out. I know it's sound advice too but i want a cue a can sort of gst attached too haha, and play with for years to come.

Thanks for the reply!

Comment

Peradon is one of the oldest names in the games still going
        the edwardian is a name that has been around by them for some time so yours sounds an older cue and probably not the same as their current range

of course it is good enough for you to use whilst getting into the game

Welcome to TSF by the way.
        Last edited by DeanH; 22 January 2018, 08:59 PM.
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

You could always get a joint fitted to it for not much more than the cost of a few hours table light

Comment

Cheers mate! How much could i expect to pay per hour? Im up in lancashire. I suppose it can be can quite an expensive hobby depending how addicted you get!

Comment

Thats pretty cool. Cue seems straight and solid, although a little light compared to my dads craftsman cue. I suppose the only way to know is to play!

Comment

near me lights can range from say £2 to £7 an hour depending on the snooker club or social club
                approx where are you in Lancashire? sure there are TSF members around that area
                Get out there and start hitting balls into the cushions
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Your cue was made around the mid 80's fella they done a few they also done the Georgian cue just a plain black ebony butt with a nice brass plate or plaque with the name on it. From memory i think the cue was around £180 back when it was made wich was alot of money in the mid 80's good luck with it and hope this helps.
                  Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

Working...
                  X