Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLS Spiceball Leisure Centre, Banbury

Mark Allen 4-2 Peter Ebdon (Group B)
    34-72 (Ebdon 36), 92-1 (Allen 84), 81-30 (Allen 76), 75-1 (Allen 50), 0-108 (Ebdon 108), 69-17 (Allen 69)

Northern Ireland’s Mark Allen recorded his first ever PartyPoker.com Premier League Snooker win as he got the better of veteran Peter Ebdon to win 4-2 at the Spiceball Leisure Centre in Banbury, Oxfordshire.

The win revived Allen’s hopes of play-off qualification and while he lost, Ebdon still has every chance himself. After looking a little shaky in the first frame, which Ebdon won, the Antrim man recorded breaks of 84, 76, 50 and 69, punctuated by an excellent 108 from Peter Ebdon.

“I started slowly and was a bit nervous in the early stages but I settled down and played well,“ said Allen.

“I’ve been a pro for eight years and still enjoy competing and the crowd here are great and that gives you a buzz. I always have early match nerves and that’s no different in the Premier League.

“You’ve always got to be prepared to try your best and against Peter it’s no different.
    I’ve got no problem with the shot clock; I normally play at around 20 seconds although sometimes you can get in a bit of trouble with safeties.

Allen revealed that he was donating 50% of his winnings from the group stages of the Premier League to the campaign to raise £250,000 for treatment for Oscar Knox, a three year-old from Glengormley, Northern Ireland who is suffering from a rare form of cancer.

The big-hearted World No.9 also stated that if he were to qualify for the play-offs, then he would donate all of his group stage earnings to the campaign.

Shaun Murphy v Neil Robertson (Group A)
    60-44 (Robertson 31), 58-73 (Murphy 53, Robertson 49), 111-0 (Murphy 111), 0-82 (Robertson 70), 1-118 (Robertson 113), 29-68 (Robertson 58)

In the second match of the evening, Australia’s Neil Robertson put paid to Shaun Murphy’s Premier League hopes with a 4-2 that ended well past 11.00pm. It gave ‘Robbo’ two wins from two starts and maintains his position at the top of the table, while Murphy with just a drawn match from three starts, is doomed.

“That was a good win considering I’m playing with a new cue that I’ve only had a couple of days,” said Robertson.

“My results have been ordinary by my standards but I’m happy with the way I’ve dealt with it tonight and I’ve got as good a chance as anyone else,” he added.

Group A

Name Played Won Drawn Lost Frames Won Frames Lost Pts
    Neil Robertson 2 2 0 0 9 3 4
    Ding Junhui 1 1 0 0 4 2 2
    Shaun Murphy 3 0 1 2 7 11 1
    Stuart Bingham 1 0 1 0 3 3 1
    Mark Selby 1 0 0 1 1 5 0

Group B

Name Played Won Drawn Lost Frames Won Frames Lost Pts
    Peter Ebdon 2 1 0 1 7 5 2
    Mark Allen 2 1 0 1 6 6 2
    Judd Trump 1 1 0 0 5 1 2
    John Higgins 1 1 0 0 4 2 2
    Stephen Lee 2 0 0 2 2 10 0

Now entering its 27th season, the PartyPoker.com Premier League Snooker is one of snooker’s longest running invitation events, a regular fixture on the calendar since 1987 and
    is played over ten Thursday evenings through August to November. It culminates in the two-day play-offs which take place over the weekend of 24th and 25th November.

There are two groups of five players and each plays each other once making a total of ten matches per group.
    The total prize fund is in the region of £250,000, and the money for the round-robin section will be dished out on a ‘frames won’ basis with £1,000 awarded for each frame. In addition, there is a ‘Double Your Money’ bonus for a break of 100 or over of another £1,000.

Successful players carry forward their bonuses to the play-offs where the serious money is up for grabs. The champion receives £50,000, the runner-up takes home an additional £25,000 and the beaten semi-finalists make an extra £12,500 each.

Previous Results

GROUP A
    Shaun Murphy 2-4 Ding Junhui
    Mark Selby 1-5 Neil Robertson
    Shaun Murphy 3-3 Stuart Bingham

GROUP B
    Judd Trump 5-1 Stephen Lee
    Stephen Lee 1-5 Peter Ebdon
    John Higgins 4-2 Mark Allen
Working...
X