Cushion Rubber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cushion Rubber

I’ve just had new Northern rubber fitted to my table and the cushions are less bouncy than before. Does anybody know if this is a “bedding in” issue or is this as good as it gets. I can get 6 lengths out of by club table, 4.5 on my old rubbers and now barely 4.

i had Northern rubber fitted to my table about 2 years ago ive just had ago on my table and i got barely 4.all tho its cold in my shed

Comment

Originally Posted by 840aj View Post
      I’ve just had new Northern rubber fitted to my table and the cushions are less bouncy than before. Does anybody know if this is a “bedding in” issue or is this as good as it gets. I can get 6 lengths out of by club table, 4.5 on my old rubbers and now barely 4.
      A lot will depend on the cloth used as well. Did you change the cloth as well when you redid the cushions? 4 length is about right if you are using the heavy 32 oz cloth...

Comment

It used to be said that Northern rubber rubbers take a while to bed in. I was told the average playing time that I cant remember but it was a good time. When I had the tables completely done at our old club it was a good few months before we got it to anywhere near 6 lengths. I cant say how much it had to do with the rubber or new cloth, we had the 6811 30oz fitted. It wasn't played on that much but was always a warm room.
        It may all be in our heads as this is what we get told?? As how do they get new rubbers on professional comp tables that we see on tv play as well? I am sure that if Geoff or any other table fitter on here reads this they will have an input.

Comment

It will take approximately 6 months (depending on usage) before you get the full benefit of newly fitted cushions? Apart from the rubber needing "bruising" the cloth covering the cushions will have to relax. At the moment the cloth is stretched tight, restricting the bounce back. Had new Northern fitted late Spring, only now am I getting excellent bounce.
          Highest break to date? 1

Comment

Cheers all. I just needed some reassurance and patience. The rubbers that came off were stamped B&W 1962 so replacement was well overdue.

Comment

The cushion cloth was replaced with 6811 club cloth I think.

Comment

I have just had Northern Rubbers fitted to my full size table and I am really disappointed with the result. I was assured that this was the best rubber available and now my table feels quite dead off the cushions compared to all the other tables I play on. I had Hainsworth Match cloth covering the cushions. Really hoping this improves quickly but at present I couldn’t recommend Northern Rubber.

Comment

Working...
                X