Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• straight cueing question?

Hi

I have problem delivering the cue straight, and after videoing myself i detected that my chest is causing the problem.

I have no problem pulling the cue back , but on delivery when the hand hits the chest, the tip of the cue goes to the left side ( i am right handed player ).
    been long time playing like this, however i thought that it wouldnt have problem as it might be after the impact, but recently found that it happens either before or during impact.

i played without touching the chest and i can deliver very straight, so its the chest causing problem.

the other thing i tried, i moved the cue abit to the left of my right chest, in other words, the cue is right in the centre of my body while in address position, just touching the mid bone between 2 chests, and i can see that i can deliver very straight, however i dont think this would be a good position for the cue, as this way my grip hand hits the bones below my chest and it stops the cue to go follow through

Please do share your valuable thoughts would really appreciate your ideas and help

Hi

can u post a link to the video

I have a very similar problem, and mine is diagnosed in the pull back - very subtle but a slight inwards track which mean I have to deliver cue around me on delivery

Comment

Originally Posted by tmax View Post
      Hi

I have a very similar problem, and mine is diagnosed in the pull back - very subtle but a slight inwards track which mean I have to deliver cue around me on delivery
      it was a bad recording quality which was recorded via phone.

the pull back then it could be your grip. or maybe chest position. can you cue straight without using ur chest? caz i can deliver straight without chest

Comment

Would need a video to have a look at your setup. Very difficult to diagnose problems without seeing someone play.
        WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
        Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
        --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I don't think that your hand hitting your chest after you've contacted the cue ball is the problem as the cueball has already left your cue tip. Nothing you do afterwards is changing the path of that ball!

You say that you can cue straight without the aid of the chest. I think there's a chance you might be pulling the cue to your chest instead of the other way around how it should be - chest down to cue. From what I understand you shouldn't be applying pressure to your cue with your chest and more using it as a guide for a smooth cueing. Adding extra tensions to your cueing will usually cause errors

Comment

Originally Posted by highestbreak50 View Post
            Hi

I have problem delivering the cue straight, and after videoing myself i detected that my chest is causing the problem.

I have no problem pulling the cue back , but on delivery when the hand hits the chest, the tip of the cue goes to the left side ( i am right handed player ).
            been long time playing like this, however i thought that it wouldnt have problem as it might be after the impact, but recently found that it happens either before or during impact.

i played without touching the chest and i can deliver very straight, so its the chest causing problem.

the other thing i tried, i moved the cue abit to the left of my right chest, in other words, the cue is right in the centre of my body while in address position, just touching the mid bone between 2 chests, and i can see that i can deliver very straight, however i dont think this would be a good position for the cue, as this way my grip hand hits the bones below my chest and it stops the cue to go follow through

Please do share your valuable thoughts would really appreciate your ideas and help
            video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_geWhvkbtI
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_69hZeTp4M
            Last edited by highestbreak50; 7 January 2018, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
              Would need a video to have a look at your setup. Very difficult to diagnose problems without seeing someone play.
              ok i wil upload a quick one

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                cant get a proper video, but i wil get via mobile

Comment

Originally Posted by tmax View Post
                  Hi

can u upload urs too, i have uploaded

Comment

Pot the long blue dead centre bag from the baulk line it will tell you everything you are doing wrong with your cueing arm.
                    Once you can get 7-8 out of 10 from that range you'll be cueing properly.

Trick is to pause slightly at the address position bring your cue back in a straight line with a slow deliberate backswing when I was learning to do this I used to watch my ferrule was still in line with my address pause position and didnt deviate slight pause at the back to encourage a positive strike and accelerate through the cue ball with a nice follow through hitting 6 oclock on the white ball for a simple stun shot.

No real pace required on this shot should barely touch the white to get the stun effect cue will do the work if timing is bang on.
                    When your centre bag on this shot even 5 out of 10 your overall game will improve massively.

Comment

Originally Posted by Derek P View Post
                      Pot the long blue dead centre bag from the baulk line it will tell you everything you are doing wrong with your cueing arm.
                      Once you can get 7-8 out of 10 from that range you'll be cueing properly.

Trick is to pause slightly at the address position bring your cue back in a straight line with a slow deliberate backswing when I was learning to do this I used to watch my ferrule was still in line with my address pause position and didnt deviate slight pause at the back to encourage a positive strike and accelerate through the cue ball with a nice follow through hitting 6 oclock on the white ball for a simple stun shot.

No real pace required on this shot should barely touch the white to get the stun effect cue will do the work if timing is bang on.
                      When your centre bag on this shot even 5 out of 10 your overall game will improve massively.
                      i tried, once i even got 9 outta 10, i mean sometimes i get back to back, and sometimes i miss them all. not sure whats going on

Comment

i tried, once i even got 9 outta 10, i mean sometimes i get back to back, and sometimes i miss them all. not sure whats going on
                        Will take time to get the consistency keep doing it, straight cueing is the key to the game don't listen to what anyone else tell's you.

Comment

Hello Gents , my first post here ...writing in for some advice and thoughts wirh regards to straight cueing . On a dead straight shot , once you line it up ... Is it better off sighting the cue ball as primary and the object ball in pheriphary and concentrate on getting the cue thru straight . Since the cue ball is lined up , more emphasis on striking the cue ball correctly should get more consistent results ? Cheers and more cue power to you all .

Comment

Hi

sorry to hear that, its a common problem with chest thumpers, sooner or later you will start to come across the ball to avoid the impact on the chest, a small amount of elbow drop is needed to allow the cue to follow through

Comment

Working...
                            X