London coach recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London coach recommendation

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone had a good coach in the London area they might recommend?

I’ve already tried contacting John woods a couple of weeks ago by email at john@gone2pot.net and then later via the contact page on his website but no reply to either.

Many thanks!

Whereabouts in London ?

I had a lesson with John , nice guy .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Thanks Neil for the message- I’m near the hurricane club in the day but willing to travel a little. Living just past Abbey Wood. Don’t suppose you have a mobile for him perhaps?

Comment

Looking for a practice partner by any chance? I'm always short on those and whoring myself on the forum to dig for gold lol. I'm south east London btw in the Lewisham area

Comment

Hi! Yep that would be good - we could give it a go! Bear in mind that I'm at the stage where I'm not potting consistently even when in amongst the balls but certainly looking to improve.

If you're still interested whereabouts do you practice?

Comment

i travel around south east london. i play in catford, woolwich, welling. i even go as far as coulsdon sometimes.

i dont play as much as i would like to either and will miss plenty of balls!

Comment

Originally Posted by tj893 View Post
              Thanks Neil for the message- I’m near the hurricane club in the day but willing to travel a little. Living just past Abbey Wood. Don’t suppose you have a mobile for him perhaps?
              Sorry i don't have his number any more . I was going to recommend a coach at our club . But Surrey is too far away for you .
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Thanks Neil, never mind - I used to live down that way but not anymore.

Thai- I travel through woolwich on the way to my stop at Belvedere so maybe that one is best. I practice at a conservative club that is very cheap but tricky with membership.

Comment

Is it hustlers that you go to? Not been there myself yet...

Comment

I went to hustlers last Saturday yes. Tables aren't the greatest

Comment

Ok, well I'm a member of the hurricane rooms in the centre if that's any good for you and then my train home stops at Lewisham, Blackheath, Charlton, Woolwich Arsenal, Plumstead, Abbey Wood and Belvedere if you know of somewhere decent near the stations?

Comment

Hustlers is a good start from Woolwich arsenal. And it costs £15 for the table that lasts from 11am til 6pm. I only saw two of the tables so it's possible they have some decent ones

Comment

Originally Posted by thai_son22 View Post
                          I went to hustlers last Saturday yes. Tables aren't the greatest
                          how do the tables compare to catford and welling?

Comment

Catford had some tables reclothed so some are very nice. The tables in hustlers are kind of crap haha. And the cushions are dead. But I'll have to take a closer look

Comment

Sounds like a plan. I can do Wednesday or Thursday evening this week from about 6:15pm...

Comment

Working...
                              X