Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best cue for me?

Hi,

Newbie who has recently started playing snooker much more. Been using a vintage Peradon Victor cue but it sounds really tinny so looking to buy a new cue. My budget is about £100 w/ case ideally. I've been looking at the Woods & Grand cues and also the Riley England Same Sapele Series 2. Does anyone have any ideas or input on what to get?

Thanks in advance.

up your budget to 150 and you would get a fabulous cue. Grand and woods are a hit and miss in most cases. Best if you can try and then buy. even second hand. You can always post pics here and ask for advice of the cue if you choose to try before you buy

Comment

I do work next to Craftsman Cues in Leeds and have tried a few cues. Sounds like I could do with a trip back up

Comment

Originally Posted by CBSharpe View Post
        I do work next to Craftsman Cues in Leeds and have tried a few cues. Sounds like I could do with a trip back up
        Sounds like a good idea to me. Lots of Forum Members would love the chance to "try before you buy". Spend a few hours there and have a hit. Good chance you'll find something that feels right for you. You've got the benefit of being able to make comparisons with your Peradon. The guys in the shop should be able to guide you around length, weight, tip size etc. Best of luck. Let us know how you get on.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
          Sounds like a good idea to me. Lots of Forum Members would love the chance to "try before you buy". Spend a few hours there and have a hit. Good chance you'll find something that feels right for you. You've got the benefit of being able to make comparisons with your Peradon. The guys in the shop should be able to guide you around length, weight, tip size etc. Best of luck. Let us know how you get on.
          The only down side is cost. You're looking at £150+ just for a cue with no extensions or case I don't think and that's over my budget as I don't play seriously enough to spend that amount

Comment

Ah OK. For that budget you might not get that much. If you don't mind buying blind you could take a look at Greenbeize Cues starter packs. Less risky than going the Woods route I would have thought. Stu at Greenbeize gives excellent advise if you tell him what your after.
            At the end of the day you tend to get what you pay for. Heard mixed reviews re Woods cues. Some folk have been lucky and got decent cues and some have been very unhappy.

PS. For your budget you could have a look at Dunns cues. Bit like Woods in that you're buying blind (from China?). Not heard of anyone buying from Dunns lately but couple of guys I know bought a few years ago and were happy with what they got.
            Last edited by Nifty50; 10 May 2019, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Did anybody here but a cue craft cue for around £100 ? what kind of value would that be ?

Comment

I notice a 1 piece Buckingham there for £96

Comment

I would suggest returning to Craftsman Cues and trying out their Phoenix Master Machine Spliced Cues which range in price from £105 to £115 and thats amazing value, I have one as my backup snooker cue and which I play english pool with occationally and its a fantastic quality cue, to be quite honest it could easily pass for a hand spliced cue costing at least 3 or 4 times more and if it wasn't for my maximus ultimate cue which I bought last year the phoenix would still be my snooker playing cue.

Comment

Working...
                  X