Chislett clinches £500 first prize in Cuestars Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chislett clinches £500 first prize in Cuestars Championship

CHRISTIAN Chislett pocketed a whopping £500 for winning his third major title of the season.

The 32-year-old from Hedge End overcame Pascal Richard 3-1 in the final of the Cuestars Championship at Waterlooville Sports Bar.

Chislett broke the back of the first frame with a run of 48 and doubled his advantage with a 67 clearance from 58 behind in the next.

Richard, who earlier recorded the day’s only century, pulled one back on the pink but was left chasing snookers with one red left in the fourth.

Chislett admitted the clearance to take a 2-0 lead was crucial to his victory.

“It was nice to win,” he said. “The key was the second frame when I was 58 down and dished with a 67 to pinch it on the black. I think that did the damage.

“I played quite solid all day. My long game’s got better since I got my own Star table and my safety’s improved.”

Paying tribute to his opponent from Gosport who collected £110, Chislett added: “He potted some unbelievable balls from nowhere. Give him a good safety and he’d drill in a long one.”

Chislett, who works for an ethical hacking company that tests computer security systems, has just completed his debut season in the Southampton & District Social Clubs League after moving into the area from Basingstoke.

His Eastleigh-based Churchills A side did the double by winning the Super League and the Burroughes & Watts team knockout.

The 21 runners for the invitation-only end-of-season finale sponsored by www.snookercrazy.com returned 24 breaks of 50 or more.

Mark Vincent (Portishead) kicked off a high-scoring event with a 97 in his first group-stage match against Jack Smithers (Epsom). Anthony Cutler (Poole) chalked up a 94 in his quarter-final victory over Darren Johnson (Petersfield). And Nick Jennings (Otterbourne) made a 95 in his semi-final defeat by Richard.

But 39-year-old Richard’s 124 clearance in the first frame of his 3-0 quarter-final victory over practice partner and rankings winner Mark Lloyd (Gosport) was by far the day’s highest.

For more information about Snooker Crazy, a snooker equipment website based in Waterlooville and run by Marc Lockley, visit www.snookercrazy.com.

BREAKS

Pascal Richard: 124, 72.
    Mark Vincent: 97.
    Nick Jennings: 95, 70, 54.
    Anthony Cutler: 94, 51.
    Mark Lloyd: 78, 56, 50.
    Jack Smithers: 73, 62, 52.
    Christian Chislett: 67, 59, 59, 50.
    James Cullen: 57.
    Anthony Rice: 55.
    James Height: 54, 52.
    Ross Barker: 54.
    Darren Johnson: 54.

ROUND-ROBIN GROUP POSITIONS

GROUP A: 1st, Mark Lloyd (Stoke SC, Gosport); 2nd, Darren Johnson (Petersfield Bowls & Snooker Club); 3rd, Mark Vincent (SWSA, Gloucester); 4th, Andrew Darken (Chertsey SSRN Club); 5th, Jack Smithers (Frames, Coulsdon).

GROUP B: 1st, Ronnie Blake (Frames, Coulsdon); 2nd, Ryan Mears (Sovereign, Farnborough); 3rd, Anthony Rice (Salisbury SC); 4th, Steve Wheatland (Chandlers Ford SC); 5th, James Budd (Stoke SC, Gosport).

GROUP C: 1st, Anthony Cutler (Greenbaize, Bournemouth); 2nd, Pascal Richard (Mayfair, Gosport); 3rd, Ross Barker (Abingdon Cons); 4th, Mike Trigg (Cue T’s, Marchwood); 5th, Stu Barter (Chandlers Ford SC).

GROUP D: 1st, Nick Jennings (Churchills, Eastleigh); 2nd, Christian Chislett (Churchills, Eastleigh); 3rd, James Height (Break N Dish, Street); 4th, James Cullen (Woking SC); 5th, Oliver Sykes (Chandlers Ford SC); 6th, Mark Ridout (Greenbaize, Bournemouth).

KNOCKOUT RESULTS (PRIZE MONEY)

QUARTER-FINALS: Richard 3-0 Lloyd, Jennings 3-0 Mears, Chislett 3-1 Barker, Cutler 3-1 Johnson.

SEMI-FINALS (£50): Richard 3-1 Jennings, Chislett 3-1 Cutler.

FINAL (£500/£110): Chislett 3-1 Richard.

Tim Dunkley (World Snooker coach)
    http://www.snooker-coach.co.uk
Working...
X