Black Ball Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Ball Question

If we are on the final black and my opponent is 7 points behind and then I go in off with the white does the game carry on so that now it's level points, the white comes back up and the black stays where it was on the table and it's a black ball game?

The first scoring pot or foul on the black (when it is the only ball on the table) ends the game.
    After any score or penalty points applied, the winner is the player with the most points.

In your case, your opponent gets the 7 penalty points.
    This now gives the scores level.

A tie break now happens, the black is spotted and the players choice who goes first with "Ball in Hand".
    The next scoring pot or foul ends the game
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      The first scoring pot or foul on the black (when it is the only ball on the table) ends the game.
      After any score or penalty points applied, the winner is the player with the most points.

In your case, your opponent gets the 7 penalty points.
      This now gives the scores level.

A tie break now happens, the black is spotted and the players choice who goes first with "Ball in Hand".
      The next scoring pot or foul ends the game
      Thanks Dean. So you don't leave the black where it was, u put it on it's spot and then it's a black ball game? I was thinking that you put the white in the D and just play the black where it finished when the foul happened.

Comment

Re-spot black and ball in hand - the biggest question is do you play or put your opponent in if you win the choice?

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          Re-spot black and ball in hand - the biggest question is do you play or put your opponent in if you win the choice?
          So you don't toss a coin to decide who goes first as your opponent commited the foul so you have the choice yourself as to who goes first?

Comment

Coin toss to decide.
            :snooker:

"You're not standing in my line of sight,but you are standing in my line of thought".

Comment

Originally Posted by dmorley85 View Post
              So you don't toss a coin to decide who goes first as your opponent commited the foul so you have the choice yourself as to who goes first?
              I did not say as to what mode of how the choice is made, toss of coin, short straw, duel at 10 paces, your choice
              The winner has the option to go themselves or put the opponent in.

Comment

Thanks Dean

Comment

Working...
                X