Hello from Falkirk Scotland .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Falkirk Scotland .

Hi there . Im new to the forum , I love snooker and more importantly playing snooker . My local club is the Creamery in Falkirk Scotland . I own 2 cues at the moment , a Riley Burwat Professional 2 limited edition with the L8 shaft and a Britannia Steel the Storm model both of which I really like . The Britannia is my go to though and has some of the best splicing and Ash Ive ever seen . Tip wise Ive tried loads , from Tiger laminated to Grand and Century as well as Elk Master . I really like the Century G3 tips and the Grand 10mm medium are excellent and cheap . Chalk wise Ive tried the Master and Triangle pro which are both good but messy so I just stick with normal Green Triangle . I played a lot years ago but gave up when the kids came along . I only started playing in earnest again just over a year ago . My oldest son who is 13 plays with me on a Saturday morning and my youngest son who is nearly 10 is desperate to learn too . My highest break is 48 which isnt a lot compared to some I know , but Im improving my overall game all the time . I came to snooker through my mum who loved watching and Cliff Thorburn was my first favourite , then being a Scot my big hero was Hendry . Thanks for reading .

Hi Derek welcome to tsf lot's of great guys and good advice
    Current playing cue Trevor White
    3/4 ash cue

Comment

Welcome to TSF from a fellow jock. Hope you enjoy it and gain some new insights.

Comment

Hi Derek, welcome to The Forum. Never played at the Creamery but was a regular visitor to Falkirk in my younger days. Used to get "the skating bus" down from Armadale and go to The Charioteer disco and the big dance hall whose name escapes me. Happy memories.
        I used to play my snooker at the working mens club in Bathgate but nowadays play in the Locarno in Edinburgh.

Comment

Great intro Derek , fancy letting kids get in the way of playing snooker
          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Welcome to the forum Derek. If it's of any interest,
            The red triangle in Cumbernauld host a Scottish Snooker Junior coaching Academy, for the weans .
            It's free of charge, and I wager they'll be putting you under pressure after a few lessons

Comment

Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
              Hi Derek welcome to tsf lot's of great guys and good advice
              You kept the TW then Stevie ?

Comment

Thanks for the welcome folks . Ive been meaning to get Oscar along to the coaching sessions at Red triangle the last couple of times its been on but theres been something else on . Bigmeek I used to visit the Lacarno on Slateford Rd years ago as my wifes sister lived 50yrds along the road and Im a Jambo myself lol .

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                  You kept the TW then Stevie ?
                  Yes bill.kept 2 of them.pall
                  Current playing cue Trevor White
                  3/4 ash cue

Comment

Hi Derek, enjoy the forum mate, has given me some superb info over the years along with meeting some top chaps like bigmeek. I play at Locarno in Edinburgh as well.
                    :snooker:

Comment

I am going to Locarno on the 9th april

And the 3rd!
                      Last edited by thai_son22; 19 March 2018, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by thai_son22 View Post
                        I am going to Locarno on the 9th april

And the 3rd!
                        cool, you playing in something or in Edinburgh anyway?

Comment

Originally Posted by haggishunter View Post
                          cool, you playing in something or in Edinburgh anyway?
                          Away in Edinburgh mate, getting away from London for abit. From 31st of this month til 11th ish. Going to have a couple sessions with Chris. Saw him last year too

Comment

Originally Posted by thai_son22 View Post
                            Away in Edinburgh mate, getting away from London for abit. From 31st of this month til 11th ish. Going to have a couple sessions with Chris. Saw him last year too
                            Fair enough, he's a good bloke, does a good job and explains things well.

Comment

Originally Posted by haggishunter View Post
                              Fair enough, he's a good bloke, does a good job and explains things well.
                              yeah, had half a day with him last year, really enjoyed it and said id be back. will be walking the alpaca's this time round too! haha

Comment

Working...
                              X