NEW VIDEO: Walking Into The Shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW VIDEO: Walking Into The Shot

Hi everyone! Latest video is now on YouTube. Walking into the shot, where to place your feet and what to think about. Have a look!

WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
    Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice one Steve, but I would put some emphasis on where to place the feet to get the centre of the butt bang on that line you have so carefully placed, rather than place the feet for comfort.

I have found that when I point my right foot about 45 degrees to the right for a comfortable stance my body moves slightly to the left putting the centre of the butt of the cue about 1/4 inch off the line of aim. This is because instead of turning the foot from the heel I've gotten into the habit of turning the foot from the instep and the leg and body move to the left with it.

I now place my right foot pointing straight ahead and then turn it from the heel as I lower myself down. This keeps the body in the same position and the comfort in the stance remains; I also stand behind the shot with my feet placed as they would be in the stance, left foot slightly in front of the right foot as I sight with my dominant left eye and doing this keeps my head on the line of aim as I get down.

I can lose this when playing a match and slip back into that old habit, especially on tables that are lower than usual because the further I have to get down the further left my body turns, but in practise I'm potting better than ever, just need to concentrate more on that right foot.
    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
      Nice one Steve, but I would put some emphasis on where to place the feet to get the centre of the butt bang on that line you have so carefully placed, rather than place the feet for comfort.

I have found that when I point my right foot about 45 degrees to the right for a comfortable stance my body moves slightly to the left putting the centre of the butt of the cue about 1/4 inch off the line of aim. This is because instead of turning the foot from the heel I've gotten into the habit of turning the foot from the instep and the leg and body move to the left with it.

I now place my right foot pointing straight ahead and then turn it from the heel as I lower myself down. This keeps the body in the same position and the comfort in the stance remains; I also stand behind the shot with my feet placed as they would be in the stance, left foot slightly in front of the right foot as I sight with my dominant left eye and doing this keeps my head on the line of aim as I get down.

I can lose this when playing a match and slip back into that old habit, especially on tables that are lower than usual because the further I have to get down the further left my body turns, but in practise I'm potting better than ever, just need to concentrate more on that right foot.
      vmax video coming soon then:wink::biggrin::encouragement:
      VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
      Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
      Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
      Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

Another cracking video there Steve and like the use of string too as visually better to understand. Keep it up mate as a good watch:applouse: Top stuff!:encouragement:
        VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.

Comment

Originally Posted by TooDark View Post
          Another cracking video there Steve and like the use of string too as visually better to understand. Keep it up mate as a good watch:applouse: Top stuff!:encouragement:
          Thank you! More videos coming!

Comment

Will keep a look out then.

Comment

Good video, it's something I need to work on as like you said I get lazy sometimes and don't go through a proper pre-shot routine.

Comment

Great video.hope you can do a video for how to play with a rest.thanks

Comment

Originally Posted by jamesg19851 View Post
                  Good video, it's something I need to work on as like you said I get lazy sometimes and don't go through a proper pre-shot routine.
                  Thanks, James. You don't have to be too robotic, just make sure it's part of your routine each time.

Comment

Originally Posted by joejoe View Post
                    Great video.hope you can do a video for how to play with a rest.thanks
                    Yes I will do this video in the near future!

Comment

I'm trying to be more disciplined with this part of may game. Tried hard to be so at the club last night and it certainly helped. Previously I would often approach a shot from the side and just picked out where I need to aim. I've always been comfortable with my stance though and have always felt that it came naturally. Standing behind the shot and walking-in in a more consistent regimented way is my target now.

Thanks for the videos, all very helpful.

Comment

Thank you. Glad you've found the videos useful!

Comment

Hi STeve,

Perhaps you could do a video on cue action and pauses before delivery - interested in your take on it!
                          Follow my snooker Articles/stories on Twitter@chrisgaynor2

Comment

Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
                            Hi STeve,

Perhaps you could do a video on cue action and pauses before delivery - interested in your take on it!
                            Yes Chris. I will do something on that in the near future!

Comment

Working...
                            X