Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on deciding on cue

Hi guys

New to the forum, but seems like a lot of helpful people on here with a load of top knowledge

So with that in mind, I need your help. I'm now looking to buy my first proper cue. Up to this point I've been using a cheap £30 Bce cue and it's definitely time to upgrade. Especially after checking out some of the cues up for sale at my local club, wow what a difference. Right then I knew the upgrade was a essential. The ones a they were selling at the club were peradon which felt nice. But then getting back that night and checking the web opened my eyes. There's so many options out there and some beautiful craftsmanship.

Would like to know what you guys think about the peradon cues?

One piece or 3/4?

Is there any specific cue maker you would recommend?

My budget is £250 - £450

Thanks for any help and info you can provide

Ok I've got a few more questions to add to the list

Is there a big difference between the peradon cues, when you get up to the £200 -350 range or is that just down to the different splicing?

With regards to the splicing how much of an impact does it have on the balance of the cue itself, I mean there are some beautiful ones out but does take away from the playing aspect of it.
    I watched some YouTube videos that showed off some one in particular I was drawn to Jason Owen, I think it was he 107 cue, spectacular - anyone know the cost of those cues?

Comment

If possible, go to see Stu at Green baize, helpful bloke with loads of top cues to try before you buy, or contact adr147 on here as he has loads of cues and is helpful too. Good luck.
      I went into a chemist and asked for a deodorant, the assistant said "ball, stick or aerosol", "No, I want it for under my arms!" was my reply.

Comment

Originally Posted by tony9ball68 View Post
        If possible, go to see Stu at Green baize, helpful bloke with loads of top cues to try before you buy, or contact adr147 on here as he has loads of cues and is helpful too. Good luck.
        2nd this.
        The more cues you try the more likely you will end up with a cue of your desire and requirements.
        Green Baize, Craftsman Cues, The Snooker Shop, JPs Shop... Lots of places with 100s of cues to try!
        Enjoy the journey and enjoy your cue.
        "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
        National Snooker Expo
        25-27 October 2019
        http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

where do you live?
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I'm in north London
            Yeah it does seem like the best idea is to actually go and feel the cues out before buying
            Last edited by Kierand; 22 December 2017, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Hi ADR147 do you have a shop or showroom where I can come and have a look at some of your cues? Where abouts are you based?
              From reading quite a lot of threads on here trying to help me decide I've definitely noticed you've gotten some great reviews

Comment

hes based in the mountains in scotland hahaha

Comment

I see a bit too far for a little trip
                  I had a look at the green baize site which looks nice, the concept behind it is wonderful, the only thing though it's a bit on the far side from me
                  Is there any similar places ideally in London or close by?
                  Last edited by Kierand; 22 December 2017, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Kierand View Post
                    I see a bit to far for a little trip
                    I had a look at the green baize site which looks nice, the concept behind it is wonderful, the only thing though it's a bit on the far side from me
                    Is there any similar places ideally in London or close by?
                    Could take a trot to osborne or parris woskshops, though expect to shell out a bit.

Comment

if your budget is 250-450 range, you can get a red plate cue from Robert Osborne.

You can also pop into Parris' in forest hill and get something on his rack with that budget.

agree with narl here but in your budget you can definitely try something and get it

Comment

Yeah I was thinking to check out john parris' shop
                        Would he have a lot of cues in stock to check out?
                        Last edited by Kierand; 22 December 2017, 04:29 AM.

Comment

With regards to a Robert Osborne red plate cue how would that compare to a adr147 or Andy travis hand made cue. I know it's a very subjective question as it depends on the cue but if you had the choice to what would you go for.

I've just started chatting to Andy on Facebook
                          Last edited by Kierand; 22 December 2017, 04:30 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Kierand View Post
                            With regards to a Robert Osborne red plate cue how would that compare to a adr147 or Andy travis hand made cue. I know it's a very subjective question as it depends on the cue but if you had the choice to hat would you go for.
                            I've just started chatting to Andy on Facebook
                            ADR doesn't make cues (any more) but would sort you out a good cue made by someone else. Picking up an Osborne that suits by calling in to his workshop has huge attractions IMO. Having to wait a couple of months for a Travis made to your own specifications would be a great alternative.
                            Last edited by Bigmeek; 21 December 2017, 01:25 AM.

Comment

For those who have dealt with Andy can you give some reviews on his cues, his communication has been nice and prompt

At the moment he said he can only do 3/4 split which has an invisible joint.
                              Anyone have experience with these joint- what are they like?

Kinda had my mind on a 1 piece so might have to look elsewhere
                              Last edited by Kierand; 22 December 2017, 04:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X