3/4 Ash cue bent just below the ferrule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/4 Ash cue bent just below the ferrule

Kindly advise on how to flatten a warped ash cue. The bend is just below the ferrule in line with the chevrons. It’s on one of my friends cue. I read some suggestions here like steaming, adding weights, bending gently on the opposite side of the bend etc.

Please suggest a safe, easy and economical way to straighten the cue.

The cue is absolutely straight on the opposite side of the chevrons. That is how he plays with it.

Comment

If the cue is uneven on one side but absolutely straight on the other side, I wonder if the issue is something different from the cue being warped. It sounds more like it has been over-sanded on one side - very common if there is lots of grain on that side as the wood tends to be a little sifter where there is much grain and therefore you can end up with an uneven surface.

Steaming, from the YouTube videos I have seen, is mainly for lifting a small dent. In theory it could help an uneven surface but I'm not sure I would risk it.

Comment

Thank you mate. A few more suggestions please.

Comment

Originally Posted by anish147 View Post
          If the cue is uneven on one side but absolutely straight on the other side, I wonder if the issue is something different from the cue being warped. It sounds more like it has been over-sanded on one side - very common if there is lots of grain on that side as the wood tends to be a little sifter where there is much grain and therefore you can end up with an uneven surface.

Steaming, from the YouTube videos I have seen, is mainly for lifting a small dent. In theory it could help an uneven surface but I'm not sure I would risk it.
          This sounds about right of the cue is straight on the other side...
          If it is, there is not to much you can do with it.
          Could take the cue down and extend it back to the same size or live with it.
          For that one you've always wanted...
          https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
            This sounds about right of the cue is straight on the other side...
            If it is, there is not to much you can do with it.
            Could take the cue down and extend it back to the same size or live with it.
            I had this on a guys cue recently. I tried to explain that if it is on the opposite side there is no point in straightening it as it will then bed the other side on on you go!

We can agree it's been over sanded so that's where it is.

Only extending will sort it properly but may change the way the cue plays.

My brothers is a little like this and it warps toward the cloth so effectively straight to cue so he won't have it touched as it plays ok.
            Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
            Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
            Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Thanks guys. It’s best to leave the cue unaltered I guess.

Comment

Working...
              X