Cue finish/sealer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue finish/sealer

Hi can anyone tell me what kind of shaft finish or sealer this is on my Riley Dufferin Maple cue from the 80's? regards

Photo0553.jpg

Photo0576.jpg

Photo0577.jpg

Need better picture's and even then, it can be heard to workout from a pic...
    For that one you've always wanted...
    https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

I think it is polyurethane or cyanoacrylate or maybe only clear coat.
      Last edited by Reini0100; 1 November 2017, 08:51 PM.

Comment

May I know what the square shape around the butt joint means?

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
          What are you referring to here ?
          Is this just a general question you have stuck on a random thread ??

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
            What are you referring to here ?
            Is this just a general question you have stuck on a random thread ??
            Yes, a general question. Could not find where to ask it. Found this thread.

Comment

sorry but what has this to do with this thread?
              None of the photos show a butt joint.

But to answer your question, usually the square shape on the end of the butt is where the shaft wood has been planed down to add the butt-splices, four butt-splices gives a four-sided shape at the end of the shaft
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

But to answer your question, usually the square shape on the end of the butt is where the shaft wood has been planed down to add the butt-splices, four butt-splices gives a four-sided shape at the end of the shaft
                Sorry to barge in some random thread. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Some cues don’t have this square around the butt joint. What does this mean?

Comment

.... But to answer your question, usually the square shape on the end of the butt is where the shaft wood has been planed down to add the butt-splices, four butt-splices gives a four-sided shape at the end of the shaft
                    That's what i was going to say next

Comment

Nothing really, just means the wood could have been tapered down to a smaller square that the joint is bigger than so you can't see it.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
                          Nothing really, just means the wood could have been tapered down to a smaller square that the joint is bigger than so you can't see it.
                          as Narl says; or there is no shaft wood at the end to appear at the butt-end, now this can be because of (1) the cue is a 3/4 made in two pieces with a solid butt section, (2) some 1pc cues are made with shafts of shorter than whole length

nothing sinister or anything wrong with any of the above; just different ways of making a cue
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

as Narl says; or there is no shaft wood at the end to appear at the butt-end, now this can be because of (1) the cue is a 3/4 made in two pieces with a solid butt section, (2) some 1pc cues are made with shafts of shorter than whole length

nothing sinister or anything wrong with any of the above; just different ways of making a cue
                            Thanks Deanh

Comment

(2) some 1pc cues are made with shafts of shorter than whole length

I have been thinking about this and

I'm seriously thinking of holidaying in Thailand (subject to funds) to get some happy rays, clothes made to measure and a snooker cue, probably from TP. If he doesn't have a suitable one there, I am hoping to pick a blank etc, hence digging out that vid.

I hadn't really thought about how far the shaft goes into the butt until watching the vid properly, but surely the deeper the better re feel?

Comment

Working...
                              X