Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• j6 cues

welcome to the new thread.

as you may or may not know my work space/practice are going through some changes and i hope to have the area back up and running by the end of the summer, though i will be documenting the odd cue before then..

i wish to say thanks to everyone who gave their support over the last few years, especially to oldschool.

below are some of the cues that were made and shared on the j6 cue stores thread, plus a few nice comments.
    in no order:

Can't recommend j6uk more to anyone making a good trusty playing cue at a very affordable price for keepers. He sure knows his snooker, which in turn helps tremendously in making a cue to your choice and liking based on what kind of playing cue and specs you want. He is definitely the man to go for that personal touch and constant customer service to ensure he gets what you want.

Got a new cue from Jason recently and i'm well impressed, the first one was to light but this one is perfect, i had been struggling but I've been beating one of my teammates in practice who is a lot better than me and tonight i used it in a league game for the first time and i won comfortably, top work J!

Another excellent cue and review, keep up the good work
    --------------------------------------------------------------

back soon..
    Last edited by j6uk; 26 July 2017, 06:10 PM.

looks great !!

Comment

Really good 'J.'

Spot on, love the ebony, fingers look perfect!
      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
        looks great !!
        Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
        Really good 'J.'

Spot on, love the ebony, fingers look perfect!
        thanks lads, its been an amazing journey the last 2.5yrs, i have learn so much.. and when the new workshop goes up with the assistance of my jig creations, i will be hitting the next generation of cues with more precision.

until then,
        i managed to finish this macassar ebony & ash 57.75/9.5/28.5/17bp/17oz, and theres nothing like starting a thread with a butterfly cue

Last edited by j6uk; 26 July 2017, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Nice work , Jason , keep them coming . p.s. butterfly No 1 still going strong . Thanks for giving me the opportunity to play with some truly hand made and above all excellent playing cues. Look forward to the continuing thread . Later my friend.

Comment

I like the finish at the bottom so neat is it leather.

Comment

very nice, looking forward to this one

Comment

Originally Posted by bigandyg View Post
                I like the finish at the bottom so neat is it leather.
                thats working my only machine to death in the belt sander

Originally Posted by matthias View Post
                very nice, looking forward to this one
                plays lively matt though just a tad stiff for me

Comment

Oh wow a new j6 thread, it must be Christmas.
                  Looking forward to seeing what new jigs you come up with for your workshop, I'm not beyond nicking an idea or two! Following your cue stories has been a very interesting and informative experience. Great to see that you are keeping at it and developing your skills.

Comment

Good luck on the next stage of your cue making journey Jason, it doesn't seem that long ago when you started the other thread
                    It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Nice work, J6. That cue is a beauty..
                      JP Majestic
                      3/4
                      57"
                      17oz
                      9.5mm Elk

Comment

Originally Posted by old school View Post
                        Nice work , Jason , keep them coming . p.s. butterfly No 1 still going strong . Thanks for giving me the opportunity to play with some truly hand made and above all excellent playing cues. Look forward to the continuing thread . Later my friend.
                        Thanks oldschool, happy to hear your still enjoying that wenge & ash butterfly

Originally Posted by Alex Gara View Post
                        Oh wow a new j6 thread, it must be Christmas.
                        Looking forward to seeing what new jigs you come up with for your workshop, I'm not beyond nicking an idea or two! Following your cue stories has been a very interesting and informative experience. Great to see that you are keeping at it and developing your skills.
                        hope to pack this thread with some real goodies..

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                        Good luck on the next stage of your cue making journey Jason, it doesn't seem that long ago when you started the other thread
                        you know your getting old when the years feel like months.. and yeah im starting to visualize the next gen of cues competing at the top level

Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                        Nice work, J6. That cue is a beauty..
                        Thanks, very happy with the look and play of this latest butterfly.

Comment

bubinga wenge ebony 58/9.4/28.5/17bp/17oz

Comment

looks like this thread really is going to be the 2.0 version of the previous one
                            that looks perfect to me, very nice

Comment

Looks like another great cue 'J.'

Looking forward to the new thread.
                              Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                              Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                              Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Working...
                              X