Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchasing a Snooker Table in USA?

Hello Folks,

I know this is a UK forum, but after searching through some Freedomland forums I really only found [I]Dated[I] answers. According to a post made my a guy on azbilliards there was a surplus of refurbished 6 x 12 snooker tables in the UK. I was hoping to get some more up to date information from guys on the ground there now. The main question is if there is still an over supply? I will post the link to the thread below. Thank you for your time.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=149089

Yes, there is a plethora of old tables. You might have to buy one and then have it refurbished though.

I hit on a superb table which had been reconditioned by Riley and had had effectively no use after the refurbishment. Once you have got the minimum 10 posts please PM me and I will supply details.

The best person to contact is probably Geoff Large, who is a member here. The forum rules preclude me from attaching a link to his site.
    王可

Comment

no rules against posting a person's business site if they have already done so

personal emails, telephones, etc. without their consent is frowned upon (as well being good practise not to )

https://gclbilliards.com/
      yep I would ask Geoff about tables, not that he sells himself (as you will see from his site) but he certainly knows the business

Also you could try maryfield on TSF, he seems also to have a business of salvaging, refurbing, selling, installing tables

Good luck, let us know how you get on
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys,

I will make an inquiry with Geoff. I was looking on american Ebay/craigslist and there appears to be a full size table for sale from 1889 about thirty minutes from my house. Only problem is they want 10,000 US for it. I was expecting closer to 5,000 for a used one. But maybe there is a market for high end vintage snooker tables? I think they will have a hard time selling it for that price here in the states, as no one really plays snooker here. I will post a link if allowed so I can get some more informed opinions?

Comment

it is a public domain website so a link is ok

Comment

https://knoxville.craigslist.org/atq...791678625.html
            https://www.ebay.com/itm/39221239078...m=392212390786

The fact the images look like scans of photos from the 90s and they claim the table is already disassembled makes me a bit cautious as well, even if I could get them to lower the price.

Comment

holy moly! "sanctioned by Queen Elizabeth the first"
              I know Burroughes and Watts have been around for a long time but not that long! :wink:

Many fitters have said they don't like a table being dismantled before they pick it up as bits and pieces (that often can not be replaced) get lost

Comment

Yeah those were my thoughts exactly. Or if there are issues with the table you wont know until its put together. I called the phone number given, allegedly its the owners daughter and her dad is selling his house and downsizing and none of the kids have room or desire for it. That being said does the price tag seem accurate, even by UK standards or are they hoping for more than they will probably get from the average buyer.

Comment

That table you are looking at seems to me to be in very poor condition and vastly overpriced !
                  May be better for you to buy from over here and get it shipped ?
                  Hopefully you can open this link for an idea how much people are asking over here
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...table&_sacat=0

Comment

Thanks JRC,
                    That is exactly what I am trying to determine, luckily for me its only a 35 minute drive to go look at it and determine the condition for myself. Cuz either the pictures are **** or the table is extremely worn. Because if i can get a refurbished one from the UK for 5/6000 US shipped then that would make more sense to do that for obvious reasons.

Comment

I have shipped many tables to the USA. I’d be happy to advise on costs, logistics and available tables.

Comment

Thanks maryfield, I will PM you my email/whatsapp to make things easier.

Comment

Well maybe not. Seems im still not allowed to do such things.

Comment

Send to cc010b4299@blueyonder.co.uk

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                              it is a public domain website so a link is ok
                              Sorry, I must be confusing this with another site.

Try: https://gclbilliards.com/

There are doubtless others who are just as good, it is just that I have had dealings with Geoff and he is very good. He sourced me an excellent table and even helped to crate it up and check that everything was there.
                              王可

Comment

Working...
                              X