Wanted. Maple snooker cue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted. Maple snooker cue.

Hello looking for a Maple cue that has a bit thicker shaft than "normal" don't like a cue that has a thin long tapered end to it. Prefer a cue that have a more conical shaped end to it. Does this sounds strange? 🤔 I hope you understand what I mean. Length 57- 57.5 weight 17 - 17.5 tip size 10mm or just under.
    And I hope you could ship it to Sweden. If you have any I also hope you could give some measurements from the bottom to the tip, maybe every 20-30cm or so.
    Regards Ronnie

hi there. Mezz Cues Snookercue is slightly thicker and is maple. 6piece laminated conical and 9,5mm . look them up on their mezzcue.com site.

Comment

Does anyone know how to buy these cues?
      Never seen one anywhere...
      "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
      National Snooker Expo
      25-27 October 2019
      http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Pro9 shop has the mezz snooker cue to order

Comment

through some european dealers. Mezz has dealers in germany for sure. mezz is big there.

Comment

Originally Posted by 147Daniel View Post
            through some european dealers. Mezz has dealers in germany for sure. mezz is big there.
            And how much they cost and what makes them better than other cue making brands
            "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
            National Snooker Expo
            25-27 October 2019
            http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Cues are in the region of £600, which is what they charge for their pool cues. I had one (pool cue- entry level) a few years back and it had a firm/stiff hit which I liked. The workmanship was good, but pool and snooker cues are different animals, so I can't comment on their snooker cues which look basic/plain. I'd rank their pool cues up with Predator and OB for those that know 9 ball cues. The difference with the snooker shaft is the radial laminated construction. One advantage is that the construction means the shafts are consistent, so you can buy a spare and it will play pretty much the same. I guess that's not of interest to most players though. The snooker cues use Mezz's own ferrule, which I pressume is lighter weight, to reduce end mass. They say that this and the construction reduces cue ball deflection when playing with side. The cues also comes with a weight set so that you can tinker with that.

Comment

Hi mate, I can make a cue for you, to your specification!

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I actually have a opportunity to buy a friend's cue that has the specs I want, ash shaft do. My current cue is actually a Brunswick American pool (house cue) I have sanded it down, and I have a 9.8mm carom ferrule on it. The cue is a bit to light 16oz. Two days ago I got a "new" house cue frome the hall owner (helped him to change leather on couple of cues) for the jobb i could keep any house cue I wanted. Started work on it, and now it has the specs I want. The thing with these old maple house cues is that they are very stiff (which I like) but this time I will try a steel ferrule. I have posted a question about steel ferrule. So I think my problem is solved (for now that is)
                  I would like to thank sabelt for the offer to make me one, and I'm keeping that I mind and will come back to you if I would buy me a custom made. Sorry for my bad English.
                  Regards/Ronnie

Comment

Originally Posted by ronfor0603 View Post
                    Thanks for the replies. I actually have a opportunity to buy a friend's cue that has the specs I want, ash shaft do. My current cue is actually a Brunswick American pool (house cue) I have sanded it down, and I have a 9.8mm carom ferrule on it. The cue is a bit to light 16oz. Two days ago I got a "new" house cue frome the hall owner (helped him to change leather on couple of cues) for the jobb i could keep any house cue I wanted. Started work on it, and now it has the specs I want. The thing with these old maple house cues is that they are very stiff (which I like) but this time I will try a steel ferrule. I have posted a question about steel ferrule. So I think my problem is solved (for now that is)
                    I would like to thank sabelt for the offer to make me one, and I'm keeping that I mind and will come back to you if I would buy me a custom made. Sorry for my bad English.
                    Regards/Ronnie
                    If you like stiff then beech is what you need, then the shaft can be slim and stiff or thicker and super stiff. I've just managed to sell three beech cues last month, will be making three more this year later in the spring, the shafts are resting at the moment between planing stages.
                    I don't make to order but when finished I will post on the forum, two 3/4's and a one piece.
                    According to ninja there's a facebook page discussion going on about beech cues, I'm not on fleecebook so don't know what is being said, don't care really as opinions are personal and not neccessarily right or wrong.
                    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

A bit late but can confirm that the mezz snooker cues are legit. Very responsive compared to my whippy ash cue. This one is solid but I still get heaps of feel and CB control

Comment

Working...
                      X