Slow table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow table

Hi currently have a strachan 6811 on my table 80%sure it is but cant fully remember .came with the table i got 2nd hand thought i would use this as had a good nap on it still. noticed it being really slow. And barry stark has been today and confirmed it is playing really slow.
    I have it in a log cabin on the garden i run a dehumidifier few hours a day. Today when i played with barry humidity was 60% and room temp 20/21.i dont iron the table as there expensive but i will get 1 soon. I brush it after use and keep it coverd when not in use. Question is do you. Guys think if i iron it i will get the same problem or does the cloth have to be changed but will the new one go like this. Thanks

Should i try with a normal iron on low setting and no water in it
    Last edited by Carl877; 24 August 2018, 02:33 PM.

Ironing the cloth is required but high humidity is not good.

Comment

What wpuld you class as high humidity

Comment

Not ironing the table is probably the main cause of the table being slow. Prolonged high humidity and moisture will affect the cloth but the cloth should still run fairly quick. I find when a playing on a cloth with high humidity it makes it difficult to control the cueball, screw and spin is harder to judge and often doesn't respond as well.

Getting a proper thermostatically controlled table iron is quite important. You can use a normal domestic iron but they are too hot for a table cloth. Also as the iron will need to be unplugged to iron the table you'll find that as you start ironing it will cool off quickly and you won't have a consistent temperature to iron the cloth.

Comment

Ok what am i looking for when buyin a iron ive seen one for sale Rosetta is the make is this any good?

Sports

Comment

Slow table

The one from rosetta is a Chinese version but they work well.
            The Dowsing version do appear on ebay some times, I got one for just over a £100 and still going strong. Make sure it comes with its correct power cable because a "kettle" cable does not fit
            Last edited by DeanH; 24 August 2018, 09:31 PM.
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Slow table

also get a napping brush to lay the cloth fibres down after brushing before ironing.
              The cloth should then be lovely to play on

Comment

Slow table

any photos of your table and room to make us jealous?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

nope, not jealous at all!

lovely room

of course you need the "dogs playing pool" picture on the wall to complete it

Comment

Yeah next stage get some pictures up once i get an iron

Comment

Originally Posted by Carl877 View Post
                            What wpuld you class as high humidity
                            I read 40-50 is the range on some thread here. Anything above is high.

Comment

Hope you have some for of heating in there? Cold is the killer, for a table. My room is part of a converted stable, installed a contained heating system based on boiler you find in static homes. It gets switched on sometime October and stays on until spring keeping the room around 15c. When playing at very cold times heating gets turned up, otherwise it would be too cold to use. I also have a dehumidifier, though tend not to use it? I find ironing the table just before using to be more effective, in order to have the table running "quick" Don't fret humidity, protect the cushions and cloth against the cold. Brush, block and iron regularly to avoid having the table play slow.
                              Highest break to date? 1

Comment

Working...
                              X