New cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New cue

Hi guys I’m after a bit of advice, I’m looking at getting a new cue as I’m playing regularly now, narrowed it down to either a maximus ultimate or a Ton Praram, just after what you guys thoughts are what’s better etc, cheers

New cue

Either will be a cracking cue.
    good choices

I know this doesn't really help you.

The Praram cues I have played with tend to be on the stiff side. Only played with one Maximus and that was similar.
    Have heard that Thai cues do seem to be stiffer than others.
    Obviously this is down to personal preference.
    Last edited by DeanH; 13 April 2019, 07:49 PM.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thanks Dean, I’ve been playing with the same Riley cue for years, and with the shift pattern I’m on i have been playing pretty regularly, feel it’s time to treat myself edging towards the maximus tbh

Comment

I'd say maximus as well. TP are good but they are becoming over priced in my opinion. I've got a Maximus Ultimate and they are lovely playing cues, I've had mine around 5 years now before they were becoming popular. They have kept their prices sensible and for me I prefer companies who don't look to get a reputation and then rip you off, TP is definitely in that bracket now!

Comment

Cheers for the reply cueman, yeah the maximus look decent value imo, and have only seen good things said about them, just not sure of the specs I’d need etc

Comment

If you are not sure about the specs, you can try various cues on the table or go with your older cues specs if they felt right.

Comment

I think people get too hung up over specs of cues. So long as the cue is similar to your old cue, it's just a case then of adapting to the new cue.

The worst thing you can do is try and get the cue made to identical spec as your old cue as you will be making comparisons and people expect them to play similar, they won't!

Playing with one cue for years, it's not going to be easy to change to a new cue. Ideally you would go somewhere you can try out a load and pick one that feels right.

If you can't I would measure your current cue and use that as a guide and look for cues with similar spec.

Comment

New cue

Reggej - where abouts do you play?
                there could be a TSF member near you that may have examples for you to try?

Comment

Cueman I think your right, it’s an old Riley replica I have measured at 57 as I’m just starting to play regularly it’s hard to say the specs I need as tbh I’m not sure myself, just feel that my stance bridge hand and action is so much better now and reckon a decent cue would compliment this to my game, I’m playing in Renfrew Scotland Dean mostly but also play in Clydebank at a guy called John rea’s place

Comment

Called the lucky break, thanks guys

Comment

There was a John Rea on the tour back in the 80s, and could be related to Jackie Rea?

Comment

Yes Dean that’s him, some character, he’s McGuires and McGills manager

Comment

Working...
                        X