Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Split in cue

Hi
    Noticed tonight in my 8month old jason owen cue that a split about 1'' that is visible and no idea what is going on inside the wood .its in the ebony and what i wanted to know is will all the ebony have to be taken of to rectify this issue .rsz_1rsz_20170419_215016.jpg

Originally Posted by grovsey View Post
    Hi
    Noticed tonight in my 8month old jason owen cue that a split about 1'' that is visible and no idea what is going on inside the wood .its in the ebony and what i wanted to know is will all the ebony have to be taken of to rectify this issue .[ATTACH]18728[/ATTACH]
    Best bet would be contact Jason and let him know the issue. He will advise you best

Comment

Well got a reply of jason and i wasnt happy saying i have either dropped it of exposed to heat !!
      Now i read on here and people where saying that wood can crack even when it dried out as its a natural thing so even dried it can happen ect
      Not happy at all paying 409 plus for a cue and this happens
      Beem playing to a good standard for 35yrs and last cue was 20yrs old and no issues and never known it happen to other people cues
      So not a happy bunny at all

Comment

Well got a reply of jason and i wasnt happy saying i have either dropped it of exposed to heat !!
        Now i read on here and people where saying that wood can crack even when it dried out as its a natural thing so even dried it can happen ect
        Not happy at all paying 409 plus for a cue and this happens
        Beem playing to a good standard for 35yrs and last cue was 20yrs old and no issues and never known it happen to other people cues
        So not a happy bunny at all
        It's happened to a few of mine, although Snakewood was involved on all occasions. More prone to that than Ebony I think.

Comment

Im gettign told its down to me either dropping or leaving agaisnt heat
          After paying over 400 and waiting 6 months to get made im sure im not goign to treat it like an argos cue .
          And he exprcts me to pay postage both ways not taking any of the hit ,i dont mind paying one way but common.what happend to customer service !!!

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
            It's happened to a few of mine, although Snakewood was involved on all occasions. More prone to that than Ebony I think.
            How was it repaired ? I dont wamt it just glued as obviously the crack is thete and shouldn't be

Comment

Im gettign told its down to me either dropping or leaving agaisnt heat
              After paying over 400 and waiting 6 months to get made im sure im not goign to treat it like an argos cue .
              And he exprcts me to pay postage both ways not taking any of the hit ,i dont mind paying one way but common.what happend to customer service !!!
              i think it is reasonable for Jason to request you pay postage both ways. Whilst it would be a nice gesture for him to pay, he isn't obligated to and I don't think that is a lack of customer service on his part.

i do understand your frustration especially if it cracked when you hadn't indeed dropped it or exposed it to heat but i mean, is he going to be looking at the cue for free? or will there be a charge for the service.

Comment

Originally Posted by thai_son22 View Post
                i think it is reasonable for Jason to request you pay postage both ways. Whilst it would be a nice gesture for him to pay, he isn't obligated to and I don't think that is a lack of customer service on his part.

i do understand your frustration especially if it cracked when you hadn't indeed dropped it or exposed it to heat but i mean, is he going to be looking at the cue for free? or will there be a charge for the service.
                Jason has agreed kindly to cover the postage and repair.
                Not after slaggign jason of in anyway

Comment

Jason has agreed kindly to cover the postage and repair.
                  Not after slaggign jason of in anyway
                  All is good in Kansas...
                  There's no place like home.
                  "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                  National Snooker Expo
                  25-27 October 2019
                  http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Had the same problem with a cue from this maker. Resend it 4 times. The 4th time there was so manny retouching done on the cue that it looked like half off the butt had varnish on. It was a bad experience. Stay far away from this cuemaker i would say. My 650 £ is however gone.

Comment

I think a cue maker is obliged to pay for postage if the quality of wood or workmanship is not up to scratch.

If you pay £400 for a cue and take good care of it, then I definitely wouldn't expect it to crack and it's poor form to expect you to fork out another £40-50 to enable him to rectify what shouldn't be there in the first instance.

Clearly if you damage the cue then that's not his fault, but otherwise he should be forking out

Comment

Working...
                      X