Here's a link to anyone who wants to watch the women's world snooker champs
    http://esnooker.pl/live/en/video_new.php?stol=4
    "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
    National Snooker Expo
    25-27 October 2019
    http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Omg the standard is appalling

Comment

Has anyone ever heard of Angela Jones from around the mid 80's? She lives down my road and spotted my snooker room and stopped to tell me she was the former world number 2 while Alison Fisher was number 1. I can't find any info on her and not sure if its BS or not. I get the impression she reported me to the council about the room build too as she has been quite off with me since finding out its a snooker room.
      Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

Originally Posted by the_unrepentant View Post
        Has anyone ever heard of Angela Jones from around the mid 80's? She lives down my road and spotted my snooker room and stopped to tell me she was the former world number 2 while Alison Fisher was number 1. I can't find any info on her and not sure if its BS or not. I get the impression she reported me to the council about the room build too as she has been quite off with me since finding out its a snooker room.
        I have many articles through the 80s for an "Angela Jones".
        Now why would a past player dob a snooker fan in and not want them to have a room?
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          I have many articles through the 80s for an "Angela Jones".
          Now why would a past player dob a snooker fan in and not want them to have a room?
          Yep, looks like that is her then. I have no idea but she seems a bit bitter to me about me having the room and the fact she is unable to play anymore. Was totally friendly towards me before she knew I was building the room but once it was done, I was expecting her to come in and show interest but she has been completely off with me and not talking anymore and giving me weird looks when I see her walking her dog down the street. Really odd and quite sad. I'm living a few houses down from a former world number 2 and she now blanks me when she could have given me so much guidance in something surely she still has a lot of interest in.
          Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

Yep, looks like that is her then. I have no idea but she seems a bit bitter to me about me having the room and the fact she is unable to play anymore. Was totally friendly towards me before she knew I was building the room but once it was done, I was expecting her to come in and show interest but she has been completely off with me and not talking anymore and giving me weird looks when I see her walking her dog down the street. Really odd and quite sad. I'm living a few houses down from a former world number 2 and she now blanks me when she could have given me so much guidance in something surely she still has a lot of interest in.
            She's terrified that you'd give her a good pasting.

-
            The fast and the furious,
            The slow and labourious,
            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

"there's nowt so queer as folk"
              you may never know what has changed her attitude to the sport, probably happened many years ago
              enjoy your room and your time
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

maybe she just fancies you and can't trust herself to be in your presence!
                "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
                  Yes, thats a common problem!!

Comment

That's a shame but maybe she didn't get the reaction she wanted so is sulking a bit. Next time you have the chance ask her if she would like to come over to check out the table. If you both have partners then invite them both over for drinks and nibbles. If you have kids they are perfect to have running around to break the ice. Alternatively, if you know for sure it was her who contacted the council then maybe she's the last person you want in your house.

What's the name of the female player who was big in the 90s and played around the Midlands often in Wellingborough? Someone on TSF told me before but I've forgotten her name. I'm not asking in a creepy, stalker way I just want to know if she's still playing or coaching....and to see if she's still fit.
                    www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
                      That's a shame but maybe she didn't get the reaction she wanted so is sulking a bit. Next time you have the chance ask her if she would like to come over to check out the table. If you both have partners then invite them both over for drinks and nibbles. If you have kids they are perfect to have running around to break the ice. Alternatively, if you know for sure it was her who contacted the council then maybe she's the last person you want in your house.

What's the name of the female player who was big in the 90s and played around the Midlands often in Wellingborough? Someone on TSF told me before but I've forgotten her name. I'm not asking in a creepy, stalker way I just want to know if she's still playing or coaching....and to see if she's still fit.
                      She doesn't have a partner or kids, just dogs. She doesn't really look at her best and looks like she has fallen on hard times. As you say, if the evidence points at her that reported me (which is heavily does based on her weird behaviour) then why the hell do I want her anywhere near me?!

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
                        Insert (needs a good shaft) joke
                        It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

She doesn't have a partner or kids, just dogs. She doesn't really look at her best and looks like she has fallen on hard times. As you say, if the evidence points at her that reported me (which is heavily does based on her weird behaviour) then why the hell do I want her anywhere near me?!
                          She might be repentant
                          It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Maybe she tried to do the same years ago and was denied, could have possibly made difference of one to become number one. Def not personal, i think its anger against city and possibly jealousy that you have what she wanted.. Cheers
                            I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
                              Here's a link to anyone who wants to watch the women's world snooker champs
                              http://esnooker.pl/live/en/video_new.php?stol=4
                              The video does not work on my mobile phone. Is it due to restrictions here? Please advise.

Comment

Working...
                              X