Anyone hear of Weichster Cues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone hear of Weichster Cues?

I saw a bunch of these cues on ebay and they look like they have nice ash wood and overall great quality but they are super cheap. Anyone have any experience with these cues and would like to give a review?
    “Thus so wretched is man that he would weary even without any cause for weariness... and so frivolous is he that, though full of a thousand reasons for weariness, the least thing, such as playing billiards or hitting a ball, is sufficient enough to amuse him.” Mr. Blaise Pascal

Cheap Chinese ****.

Chinese Cues are flooding the market and they are ripping off many good hand made makers like Parris / Coutts etc and whatever other badges they can get their hands on. Coutts does not even sell anything to China anymore because of the copies and fake Cues they put his badge on.

I will not support/buy anything Snooker wise that comes out of China.
    If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Comment

Originally Posted by Chappy5 View Post
      Cheap Chinese ****.

Chinese Cues are flooding the market and they are ripping off many good hand made makers like Parris / Coutts etc and whatever other badges they can get their hands on. Coutts does not even sell anything to China anymore because of the copies and fake Cues they put his badge on.

I will not support/buy anything Snooker wise that comes out of China.
      Oh well I'll be damned. Thank you for sharing this information. I really wish I would have waiting to purchase my first cue instead of going for a cheap Chinese cue (even tho it plays pretty good). I am more for buying form a personal cue maker and no some cheap production P.O.S. I will have to save up and get a nice cue from a good maker. I actually want to switch from ash wood to hard maple. I don't mind the ash wood at all but it doesn't feel as nice as hard maple in my humble opinion. Probably because I started out playing with hard rock maple. I also think hard maple with stand the test of time better than ash wood, but that's just my thinking.
      “Thus so wretched is man that he would weary even without any cause for weariness... and so frivolous is he that, though full of a thousand reasons for weariness, the least thing, such as playing billiards or hitting a ball, is sufficient enough to amuse him.” Mr. Blaise Pascal

Comment

I had a ton with one recently - I actually thought it was a nice player and it had a lovely design - not a bad starter cue so I would say they are worth the money. What does it matter what someone else thinks - a badge never made me feel any better - if it plays well and looks nice that's what matters.

China and Asia sell a lot of products cheaper to the mass markets and I have bought some great Chinese and other Asian products too - If anyone is ripping us off it is the people selling bits of wood to us for nearly a thousand here - not the ones selling those same bits of wood for less than a few 100.
        Last edited by Byrom; 1 February 2015, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookeredYou View Post
          Oh well I'll be damned. Thank you for sharing this information. I really wish I would have waiting to purchase my first cue instead of going for a cheap Chinese cue (even tho it plays pretty good). I am more for buying form a personal cue maker and no some cheap production P.O.S. I will have to save up and get a nice cue from a good maker. I actually want to switch from ash wood to hard maple. I don't mind the ash wood at all but it doesn't feel as nice as hard maple in my humble opinion. Probably because I started out playing with hard rock maple. I also think hard maple with stand the test of time better than ash wood, but that's just my thinking.
          As you are in Oregon why don't you try Kevin Deroo who is in Vancouver, BC. He makes great handmade cues and actually I hear he sells a lot into China. He does the butterfly splices and also does laminated maple shafts so you have plenty of choices. I believe he has a website for contact info.
          Terry Davidson
          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
            I had a ton with one recently - I actually thought it was a nice player and it had a lovely design - not a bad starter cue so I would say they are worth the money. What does it matter what someone else thinks - a badge never made me feel any better - if it plays well and looks nice that's what matters.

China and Asia sell a lot of products cheaper to the mass markets and I have bought some great Chinese and other Asian products too - If anyone is ripping us off it is the people selling bits of wood to us for nearly a thousand here - not the ones selling those same bits of wood for less than a few 100.
            Have to agree wether its Chinese or not if it plays well who gives a toss

Comment

What cue do you play with Byrom?( sorry just causing mischief )
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I sold one to a member on here a while back. Lovely arrows on the shaft and a great finish overall. Just wasn't balanced right for me. Pics below.

cue7.jpg cue11.jpg
                "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Gotta agree with Byrom, dont worry if Tom, Dick or Harry cant play with them or doesnt like them as they are "Cheapish Cues" as long as it suits you and plays the way you want it to play thats what Really matters!

I havent bought any of these Cues so cant really comment what they play like, but i will say some of the Cues and Shafts on them look really good especially for the money!

Gaz.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                    As you are in Oregon why don't you try Kevin Deroo who is in Vancouver, BC. He makes great handmade cues and actually I hear he sells a lot into China. He does the butterfly splices and also does laminated maple shafts so you have plenty of choices. I believe he has a website for contact info.
                    I will most definitely have to google him. I don't know of any cue makers in the USA that make snooker cues or can imagine that there are any that really do make snooker cues due to lack of demand. Mavrick that does look like a very nice starter cue. It looks like they are pretty decent for the price they are going for.

Comment

Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
                      I sold one to a member on here a while back. Lovely arrows on the shaft and a great finish overall. Just wasn't balanced right for me. Pics below.

[ATTACH]17543[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]17544[/ATTACH]
                      From pics i've seen of various Chinese and Thai cues, the ash appears to be lighter in colour than the UK or NA ash. Do you think so or is it just the pics I'm seeing generally?
                      The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

I'd have to say no to that. Its the same colour as most ash cues i've owned.
                        "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally Posted by Wayne G View Post
                          From pics i've seen of various Chinese and Thai cues, the ash appears to be lighter in colour than the UK or NA ash. Do you think so or is it just the pics I'm seeing generally?
                          Could be something to do with what oil is used on the cue Wayne(just a guess).
                          I quite like a punt on a cheap cue, even the one I play with could be a Chinese one, the jury is still out on it, not that it bothers me as I love it.
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                            Could be something to do with what oil is used on the cue Wayne(just a guess).
                            I quite like a punt on a cheap cue, even the one I play with could be a Chinese one, the jury is still out on it, not that it bothers me as I love it.
                            Best way mate and by the sounds of it you're doing pretty well with it too.

Comment

There are highly respected UK cue makers who buy their cues in from China and finish in the UK. Things have changed a lot in the last 15 years. I always believe that no one knows how a cue will suit you until you use it. I know many people that've had cues made to their own spec and they couldn't get on with them. Don't let a badge fool you either way. Just because you trust a badge doesn't mean you'll like the wood it's stuck to. I bought a second John Parris cue from his shop about 20 years ago. I hated the first one I had. I tried around 50 cues in his shop and liked one. The one I liked I ended up taking to Trevor White who's a friend, and had about an inch taken off and the butt thinned out. I eventually loved it.

Comment

Working...
                              X