2017 Indian Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Indian Open

Another smaller ranking event, which with it's winner's prize of £ 50.000 and 50.000 ranking points is just above the Shoot-Out (32.000), the Gibraltar Open (25.000) and the Paul Hunter Classic and on par with the Riga Masters.
    So obviously it is also a short format tournament, that starts with 64 players, with all rounds only Best-of-7 and only the final a Best-of-9. So it really does not feel like it should be rated as a full ranking event.

However it is one nowadays and after the wins of Ryan Day, Luca Brecel and Michael White it seems likely that another player, who is not rated among the very elite of the game (like Top 10 players of the world) could snatch the title here, cause many of the best players chose not to enter this event. Mark Selby, Judd Trump, Ding Junhui, Marco Fu, Barry Hawkins, Neil Robertson, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Liang Wenbo, Ryan Day and Mark Williams are not competing here. Ali Carter and Kyren Wilson lost in qualifying.

It's good to see John Higgins made the journey though. As did Shaun Murphy, Stuart Bingham, Mark Allen and defending champion Anthony McGill.

In my country Eurosport isn't even showing this small tournament and honestly I don't even miss it, though there are actually already some decent first-round-matches like Anthony Hamilton - Hossein Vafaei or Gary Wilson - Luca Brecel.

Here's the link to the full draw:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_I...Open_(snooker)

watched a few matches (ESPlayer) this morning already - local wildcards and they did not progress.... but good to seen new faces
    next session should be in 8mins if my conversion of local time is correct
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Shaun Murphy having a close game against Pandurangaiah (local wildcard?) 2-2 at this time
      Pandurangaiah has played some cracking shots

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        Shaun Murphy having a close game against Pandurangaiah (local wildcard?) 2-2 at this time
        Pandurangaiah has played some cracking shots
        Murphy wins 4-2, what is Pandurangaiah's Christian name on snooker.org it states it begins with E, also another good win for Ken Doherty over John Astley, Ken seams to be playing well at the moment
        Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

Not one century break in today's play . Difficult playing conditions ?
          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
            Not one century break in today's play . Difficult playing conditions ?
            In his post match interview, Shaun Murphy said the playing conditions were good and the table was lightening fast (TV table) so unlikely to be playing conditions. Hopefully we should see bigger breaks in the coming matches...

Comment

Originally Posted by Mr Snooker View Post
              Murphy wins 4-2, what is Pandurangaiah's Christian name on snooker.org it states it begins with E, also another good win for Ken Doherty over John Astley, Ken seams to be playing well at the moment
              Not found anything, even in the Indian media, only that his given name is "E"; either his given name is very very long and near-impossibly to pronounce or his given name is "E" :biggrin:

Comment

Any free live streams available on the website if so please share, as usual will let you know if any find any as well.

Comment

Gary Wilson beats Luca Brecel 4-1.
                  Two little surprises maybe: Kurt Maflin wins 4-2 against Zhou Yuelong and Akani Songsermsawad 4-3 against Stephen Maguire.

Comment

Only stream I can find is on Snooker Cheer fackbook page

Comment

anyone got a video link for the higgins match on now?

Comment

I watched most of the Higgins match, he made a big break with some sublime CB control, then started playing like he had a tenner on the other guy. Good match really.

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                          I watched most of the Higgins match, he made a big break with some sublime CB control, then started playing like he had a tenner on the other guy. Good match really.
                          In the end he won narrowly 4-3, now meets Martin O'Donnell in the second round.
                          Shaun Murphy seems to continue in pretty good shape. Probably the favorite in this tournament. He plays Fergal O'Brien tomorrow.

Comment

yeah really good to watch one of the 92s moving through the gears when the heat is on, against anyone, but especially against the best youngster out there trowing everything at them.
                            the lad dont know it yet but all these disappointing battles now will be his foundation for the toughest match player a few years down the road.. along with a couple of others hes well worth a lump to be wc within 5yrs.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mr Snooker View Post
                              Any free live streams available on the website if so please share, as usual will let you know if any find any as well.
                              f r o m h o t . c o m
                              I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Working...
                              X