MW super tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MW super tips

Anyone know what the deal is with these?

I've used all my original light green ones so ordered a couple of the dark green ones which i put on last night and it plays like a jelly tot! They normally bed in quite quickly but this one had no feel to it what so ever, even after 10 frames.
    http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

He ruined the best tip ever

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      I must admit I liked them and so did a lot of the club members I put tips on for.

They were like a good Elk and had a very nice feel and grip. Don't remember taking any off because they didn't play well either.

Not sure why Mike stopped them but he must have had a reason as they were well liked.
      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Yeah the original ones were my favourite tip. Like a good elkmaster every time. The darker green ones I've had mixed results with. I put one on a mates cue a couple of weeks ago and it felt fantastic from the get go. I then put one on my own cue and as you say it felt like a jelly tot on the end so I removed it after one session. However the 2 darker green tips I used were purchased over a year ago so they may have improved since then as I read on Mike's website that he has ironed most of the issues out now.

Comment

I was also pretty disappointed with the latest MW dark green super tips I put on...Miscueing a lot, didn't hold the chalk well, lifeless, etc. The original ones, in light gree, were perfect but somehow it is light years away from being the case now. I would prefere a Grand tip or even a Blue Diamond compressed.
          Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

I steel using MW supertips I bought between 7 and 10 years ago. They are very good As a good elk one. I can also play a long time with one.

Comment

i was a serial tip changer until i found the light green ones. i've got some adr SS in my box and some S & M's in the post so hopefully i can find something i can stick with again.

I have a box of grand M's but i use them for other players cues as i re tip a lot for local people. I put one on my lads cue and it played ok, but i have a team final on thurs so was hoping the MW would bed in and be ready for then but i guess not :/

hopefully i find an ADR i can stick with.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
                Anyone know what the deal is with these?

I've used all my original light green ones so ordered a couple of the dark green ones which i put on last night and it plays like a jelly tot! They normally bed in quite quickly but this one had no feel to it what so ever, even after 10 frames.
                email me with details of your order so i can check records and find out what batch yours were from
                The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
                  email me with details of your order so i can check records and find out what batch yours were from
                  Hi Mike, cheers for replying, they were from ebay, Welsh pool I think was the seller.

Comment

I have a bunch of them from various batches if anyone is interested. I use Medium Grands these days.

Comment

Originally Posted by ghost121 View Post
                      I have a bunch of them from various batches if anyone is interested. I use Medium Grands these days.
                      Do you have the original light green ones? I'll buy them off you or trade as many medium grands as you want?

Comment

These used to be perfect now it's a lottery. The further we've gone down the line with these the worse they've got. The original ones were the best, playing perfectly from the start but these latest ones are way too hard for me. I've also had them too soft. I found a green one the other day and it played perfectly, right from the off. Then I thought those green ones are the way to go, found a pack of four behind the sofa, I kid you not. Put one on yesterday a it's too hard! All very disappointing

What tip is comparable to the original Supertip?

Comment

Blackspin tips seem pretty consistent to me, not too hard not too soft.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                            I have to agree here, it brought a tear to my eye when i ripped my last one off a few weeks ago and stotted it off the wall in frustration, why why why why????
                            It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by biankez View Post
                              I steel using MW supertips I bought between 7 and 10 years ago. They are very good As a good elk one. I can also play a long time with one.
                              If only i new i would have bought 20 of them, i found the perfect tip and now i have to start the hunt all over again, it's bloody annoying
                              It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Working...
                              X