Anybody practice solo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody practice solo?

I've been playing recently every Thursday but not as often as I'd like to, I'm just wondering if anybody goes and plays on there own at clubs? Not sure it'd come across weird if I just went just me! Haven't really got anyone interested in snooker and I'd like to get to a good level, just wondering what you guys do?

I do so plenty. I don't have a practice partner either. Sometimes there are people at the club who give me games

Comment

Originally Posted by thai_son22 View Post
      I do so plenty. I don't have a practice partner either. Sometimes there are people at the club who give me games
      Just don't wanna look silly, it's a pretty active club though nearby 6 snooker and more pool tables, just wanna improve and not gonna be able to as much as I'd like playing once a week!

Comment

I do it all the time. It depends what you mean though - practice is just that, ball after ball, line ups etc. And some clubs charge you half as there is only one of you so not expensive. Not really good with two (for lineups) as you either lose the rhythm chat etc, or you are waiting for the other guy to finish his one up.

OR did you mean practice playing against someone?

Smee

Comment

90% of my time is solo, love it, in truth i prefer it to playing someone.
          Line up practice is good with two, if you take alternate shots.
          Last edited by itsnoteasy; 20 February 2017, 07:24 PM.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Yeah I mean just running drills solo, don't have many people interested in playing and I want to as much as I can, so I just mean going to the club solo and pitting some balls really

Comment

Loads of people play solo mate, it's not unusual at all. If you do it often enough you are likely to get to know the other people who solo it, they'll probably give you a few frames too.

Comment

Fair enough, bought myself a cue today and been moaning all day that I haven't used it yet, so girlfriend feels bad and is coming down with me later haha, but I'll definitely be running some drills on my own in the future, would really like to get to a decent standard

Comment

One of the problems I found a couple of years back, was that having a lack of other similarly interested friends to play with was preventing me playing regularly enough to make any drastic improvements. I always go alone now, which means I can go any time I like . Good luck taking your mrs, I did that once and we barely got through one frame before she was bored ****less!

Comment

She will be sat on her phone mate so she couldn't care less it will be like playing solo anyway! Yeah I'm really getting into snooker and finding lack of people to play with annoying, it's all I can think about lately is playing! So I'll have to do some solo drills and hopefully improve my play!

Comment

If you can get yourself into a snooker or pool team that'll expose you to more experienced players you can learn off, and give you some match practice. Good luck and happy cueing!

Comment

Anybody practice solo?

could be worse!
                        my wife plays and is interested for a short time, so after a frame or two she will back on to Facebook or whatever so I try some solo. Doesn't last long as relatively she will be herrumping and wanting to go....

:wink:
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by bolty View Post
                          If you can get yourself into a snooker or pool team that'll expose you to more experienced players you can learn off, and give you some match practice. Good luck and happy cueing!
                          Wouldn't wanna do that yet mate wouldn't feel good enough currently! I'm hoping to improve though, you had a post about Salford area didn't you? If your about and want a knock some day just drop me a pm mate

Comment

Getting involved with a team, even if you don't have the confidence to compete straight away, will be the quickest way to improve IMO. I'm in the Eccles area and practice in the Lyndale, mostly pool these days though but will deffo be up for a knock one day for sure.

Comment

I'm in walkden so isn't far, gonna be playing a lot at swinton leisure centre I think, also Steven Charles in town

Comment

Working...
                              X