Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What tip size is the best for a beginner ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What tip size is the best for a beginner ?

Hi Folks,

I'm playing snooker for a year already... nothing serious at the moment random 20-30 breaks started to kick in...

Was wondering if potting would increase if using a 10 mm tip since I now use 9.5 and even though I chalk after every shot sometimes I miscue ...

Please share your thoughts on this subject.

9.5mm is a pretty standard diameter for a tip, I wouldn't worry about that. Just keep practising and maybe think about some coaching. Solo practice is very beneficial too.

Comment

9.5mm is about right, a 10mm may help slightly with striking the center of the cue ball but I wouldn't worry about it, I wouldn't recommend going smaller than 9.5mm to start with though.

Comment

Forget about tip size (as above 9.5mm is "standard") and practise to get the cue through straight
        If you don't cue straight consistently, you could have a 14mm tip and you will still miss the pots

Get to the table and have fun practising, maybe see a coach to ensure you are delivering the cue straight
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

All of the above!
          "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
          National Snooker Expo
          25-27 October 2019
          http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Greatly appreciated the above advises and help. Would focus on straight cuing then :snooker:

Comment

Working...
            X