Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuesports cue ... (and 1-klik)

Hi all,

I went to watch the league game at my local tonight ... 8-ball pool ... I noticed one of the opposition players had a decent looking cue and was producing amazing amounts of spin very easily ...

So I asked him what it was and he kindly let me look at it ... my eyesight is so bad I can't read the badge but he said it is a "cuesports" cue bought second-hand maybe 12yrs ago for £175 ...

Bargain if you ask me ... the grain is dead straight quite widely spaced the entire length (and I mean dead straight) ... four chevrons spaced 6 inches apart (none in the last 12 inches to the tip) ... 3/4 joint perfect ... ebony butt, no faults ...

Pretty perfect IMO and it clearly played extremely well ...

I don't know anything about "cuesports" so I'd welcome your comments ... certainly seemed to be playing better than the JP's you often see ...

OOPs, forgot to mention, although it is apparently 12yrs old, it is also fitted with a 1-klik 3/4 joint ... which I have to say (the owner let me fiddle with it) feels very very solid ... bit surprised about that - from reading this forum, I thought 1-klik was brand new ...

edit - I'd better rephrase that from a 1-klik joint to a "joint that appears similar to the 1-klik concept in that it locks in a number of positions and only takes a 30 degree turn to lock with no force required to achieve the lock" ...

the reason I've rephrased is that I do not wish to undermine Stan Mullin's efforts on this forum to promote his new patented design and I wish Stan very well with it - and having seen a predecessor to his design tonight, I have to say it is very impressive - seems unbelievable it could lock so well but it does!
    Last edited by DandyA; 11 November 2008, 05:22 AM.

I think you may have seen a cue craft cue.

Did the joint have dots on it to line up ?

The Klik joint has no thread and the Cue craft will have thread and flats on the female

Comment

The first prototypes were finished on 25 January this year, followed by the first cues about six week later.
      Before this the cue joint did not exist.
      As Bitter said if it has threads it is a Cuecraft which has a 90 degree turn before locking.
      The only other possiblity is that the cue has been rejointed :snooker:

While I do promote my products on here, I also contribute to other discussions were I feel qualified to do so

By the way, new 1 Klik cue extender available as from this week, if you would like to see it let me know (patent pending)

Comment

Hi Stan

We have made up a cue with your joints, I have one idea which I will send you details of once I have added it to the cue.

Paul

Comment

Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
          Hi Stan

We have made up a cue with your joints, I have one idea which I will send you details of once I have added it to the cue.

Paul
          Hi Paul

Look forward to hearing it

Stan

Comment

Stan and Paul (aka Bitter),

Firstly may I apologise for my slightly tiddly posting last night, I meant no rudeness - it was simply meant to be a report on an interesting cue playing very well with an interesting joint ...

Bitter, I very much think you are right - the chap said "cuesports" but I can easily believe he meant "cuecraft" ... and the joint did have dots and a thread as you predicted ... lovely cue, producing amazing amounts of spin - I didn't ask him about the tip but I'd guess an Elkmaster fairly round (as opposed to domed) with maybe about 3mm from ferrule to the highest point on the tip ...

Stan, please accept my apology too ... the point I was trying to make was that this forerunner of your 1-klik design was amazingly solid (I did try to genty pull it apart along the axis of the cue and it would not move) ... I was surprised it was so solid ...

So I would think your more modern and better design is even more amazing and even more solid ... I think the key point is that your design locks down the entire length of the joint so is rock solid (unlike a screw thread which can surely only lock at one or two points however well it is made) ...

So I really do look forward to see what you Stan and the master cuemakers can do with 1-klik ... clearly it should revolutionise the butt-joint and extension market ... and from what I saw last night, it looks great for the 3/4 joint too ...

Comment

In my opinion, this is the best cue joint I have ever seen. The connection feels solid, and the speed I can now change my mini butt and other extensions helps keeping me focused between shots.

I always welcome inovation in snooker technology and try to be one of the first to try it, most things are not an improvement on current methods, but this is amazing (it has no threads and looks round!)

Comment

Thank you for all the support, it is very much appreciated
                Last edited by stan-mullin; 13 November 2008, 03:59 PM. Reason: missed word out

Comment

i think it actually said cue sports and it was made by an ex-pat aussie called andy bream.
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by stan-mullin View Post
                    i am expecting a wooldridge one shortly.
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Stan

How do I order one of the Longoni cues with your joint in? I am visiting the states early next year and would like to take one to my cousin as a present.

Also, I noticed on one of the other threads that you have an extender coming out, I currently have a Blueray but the blue nut thing is too thick for my case, can you send me a picture of yours, with some dimensions please?

Simon

Comment

Originally Posted by kissingthepink View Post
                        Stan

How do I order one of the Longoni cues with your joint in? I am visiting the states early next year and would like to take one to my cousin as a present.

Also, I noticed on one of the other threads that you have an extender coming out, I currently have a Blueray but the blue nut thing is too thick for my case, can you send me a picture of yours, with some dimensions please?

Simon
                        Hi

The Longoni joints are currently in production, so the cues are not on sale yet.
                        The extender is still in the prototype stage, and still being modified.
                        I haven't decided on the lengths yet but the diameter is 28mm with no nut, so will fit in your case. Once the modifications are complete, I will post some pictures on here.

Stan

Comment

Anyone know why 1 klik wasn't the success it looked it should be?
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Hi

The Longoni joints are currently in production, so the cues are not on sale yet.
                            The extender is still in the prototype stage, and still being modified.
                            I haven't decided on the lengths yet but the diameter is 28mm with no nut, so will fit in your case. Once the modifications are complete, I will post some pictures on here.

Stan

Do you have a website or media page to view your products?
                            "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                            National Snooker Expo
                            25-27 October 2019
                            http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
                              Do you have a website or media page to view your products?
                              This is his ebay account

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1Klik-Sno...-/291787336803

Comment

Working...
                              X