Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• local amateur/pro-am competitions

Hey guys,

im looking at competing in more competitions, i usually play in a monthly gateshead amateur comp and sometimes a pro am in whitley bay, looking for more comps in the north east area to broaden the amount of different people i play, anyone that knows some would be greatly appreciated.

Check the northern snooker centre website for their listing. They usually run a monthly pro-am not to far from you :snooker:
    "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
    National Snooker Expo
    25-27 October 2019
    http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
      Check the northern snooker centre website for their listing. They usually run a monthly pro-am not to far from you :snooker:
      thats great mate thank you il check it out

Comment

Have you tried using my site?

https://snookerhub.co.uk/

I try to include details of all amateur comps across the UK.

There is also a "Club Finder" so that you can check out other clubs - near or far!

Comment

Originally Posted by mwaring View Post

There is also a "Club Finder" so that you can check out other clubs - near or far!
          Very nicely done website, will utilize it when I visit the UK.

Comment

Originally Posted by mwaring View Post

No I have not seen the website, will check it out thanks

Comment

I don't want to come across too negatively, but at the level you're playing at currently you will barely win a frame let alone a match at a ProAm. Rather than waste money on entries, petrol etc just pay for some coaching, and spend your money on solo play with the odd session with better players.
              I often use large words I don't really understand in an attempt to appear more photosynthesis.

Comment

Originally Posted by magicman View Post
                I don't want to come across too negatively, but at the level you're playing at currently you will barely win a frame let alone a match at a ProAm. Rather than waste money on entries, petrol etc just pay for some coaching, and spend your money on solo play with the odd session with better players.
                I quite often compete in a pro am and nearly every time get to the quarters at least, I play solo 2/3 times a week, get coaching and play different people once a week, I’ve beaten people who make 60+ like it’s nothing. I’m looking at doing more comps to help improve myself more

Comment

It's just that on another thread I read your highest break is 48. If you get to quarter finals of ProAms with a high break of 48 you are a miracle worker!
                  I often use large words I don't really understand in an attempt to appear more photosynthesis.

Comment

I believe it was "48 in comp",

still I doubt a sponsor would spend their money before results show a higher level of consistency and returns.

I know players of "consistent 90+ in comp" and still no sponsor is interested.
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by magicman View Post
                      It's just that on another thread I read your highest break is 48. If you get to quarter finals of ProAms with a high break of 48 you are a miracle worker!
                      It’s because I have a solid safety game, I don’t play stupid shots im patient and wait for my chances

Comment

great shout!

Comment

A high competition break of 48 and your safety game is strong enough to progress to the last 8 stage against top amateurs and pros?

Magicman was polite, coz I'm calling complete and utter bollocks on that one.

I don't mean to be mean, but it's claims like that which damage the game and give beginners a skewed perspective of what's achievable for them when they take up the game.

Comment

Your high break is 48 & you get to quarter finals in pro ams?! Either a liar or the "pro am" your playing in is full of poor players, and therefore obviously not a pro am.
                            H.b.142

Comment

Pottr, it depends whether the pro am he's referring to is like Nuneaton's "pro am" events, which were basically Chris Wakelin entering when he'd just got his tour card plus Mark White, Adam Edge and then a load of crap club players sprinkled with good amateurs.

I'm struggling to believe the standard was any good at these "pro am" events he's entered. The ones at SWSA were frightening standard, I ended up in a group with Eden Sharav, Kishan Hirani and Rhys Thomas plus one other.

Won 3-0 against the other (can't remember his name)
                              lost 2-1 vs Kishan
                              Lost 3-0 vs Eden
                              Lost 2-1 vs Rhys

I was happy with that performance and still thought the petrol and the drive was a waste of time/money and i'm a level above Snookerman147.

Another one in Leeds I entered and got to the semi final of the plate event, in the main drawer the standard was stupid good.
                              "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Working...
                              X