Pool balls for a snooker table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pool balls for a snooker table

Hey all, First, I'm in the U.S. so be nice Second, I'm restoring a 10' 1919 Brunswick snooker table (with correct snooker pockets), What size pool balls should I get so my kids can play American pool on it as well? I have 2 1/16" snooker balls.

Thanks

Originally Posted by chad0131 View Post
    Hey all, First, I'm in the U.S. so be nice Second, I'm restoring a 10' 1919 Brunswick snooker table (with correct snooker pockets), What size pool balls should I get so my kids can play American pool on it as well? I have 2 1/16" snooker balls.

Thanks
    You can get away with 2 1/4" balls, but the cushions obviously won't be perfectly setup for them as they will be setup for 2 1/16" balls (I presume).

Personally, in your situation I'd probably be tempted to borrow a set of 2 1/4" balls if I could and after a few games if the balls were behaving okay off the cushions I'd get a set of those. If you get some weird reactions then I'd stick with the 2 1/16" ones...but of course bearing in mind if you ever play pool away from home you'll never use 2 1/16" balls its preferable to use the bigger ones if you can.

That said, there are plenty of more experienced people than me who can probably give you a more technical answer.

Oh and I have tried to play on a 12' snooker table with 2 1/4" balls before....its tough!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X