Phoenix Master vs Mastercue Classic vs Ton Praram 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix Master vs Mastercue Classic vs Ton Praram 1

Hello again guys. I've come down to these 3 cues finally and gotta choose one to buy. Which one do you think would be the best?

Phoenix Master and Mastercue Classic are both for 87 GBP.
    Ton Praram Series 1 is for 150 GBP.

I've never used any of these cues so do not know which one is the best in terms of quality and finish if the product.

I also have a choice of getting a custom handmade cue from Nagee Cues specifically the Nagee Silver which is for 97 GBP
    http://www.nageecuemaster.com/cues/key-feature

I'll be placing the order in about 2-3 days.

Thank you.

I’d go for the Ton Praram series 1 but I’m big fan of the Phoenix cue range.
    VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
    Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
    Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
    Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

Originally Posted by TooDark View Post
      I’d go for the Ton Praram series 1 but I’m big fan of the Phoenix cue range.
      Any reason why you'd choose one over the other? It'll just help me make my decision easier. Thanks

Comment

Hi, I don't post here often but thought I might be able to help. I've had a mastercue, which I sold, and I currently use a ton praram series 1.
        The mastercue was very nice, but I always struggled with it, never really suited me and had a feeling of being more mass produced, not sure this is the case? In my opinion the ton praram is a nicer cue, feels better and plays better.
        I don't have any experience of the other cues you've mentioned.

Comment

Originally Posted by Capabara View Post
          Hi, I don't post here often but thought I might be able to help. I've had a mastercue, which I sold, and I currently use a ton praram series 1.
          The mastercue was very nice, but I always struggled with it, never really suited me and had a feeling of being more mass produced, not sure this is the case? In my opinion the ton praram is a nicer cue, feels better and plays better.
          I don't have any experience of the other cues you've mentioned.
          I've been leaning towards TP too but the others being almost half the price I was wondering if they're any good. I'll keep your review in mind when I make the purchase.

I've heard the Mastercues are pretty slim compared to other and I have a large hand

Comment

The extra spent on the TP cue will be money well spent. Ton has built up his business and reputation up over the last few years, the lower level model Master cues and Phoenix model you mention are decent cues but will have more of a mass produced element to them. The TP, will likely have a more personally selected quality to it and should ensure that you are not left feeling regret going for the cheaper option which in the long run will cost you more because you will end up selling it to buy a better cue....
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
              The extra spent on the TP cue will be money well spent. Ton has built up his business and reputation up over the last few years, the lower level model Master cues and Phoenix model you mention are decent cues but will have more of a mass produced element to them. The TP, will likely have a more personally selected quality to it and should ensure that you are not left feeling regret going for the cheaper option which in the long run will cost you more because you will end up selling it to buy a better cue....
              That's a good point there. So you're saying that a TP cue even if it's series 1 will have a better re-sale value if I decide to sell it sometime in the future?

Btw the TP cue that I'm going to buy isn't going to be from Ton himself but from a dealer in India. Do you think they would be just as good as a customised one made to my specifications? Reason is that it's much more expensive from Ton so the price I quoted above is for one that's pre-made and stocked for sale.

Comment

Those are good prices for all of the cues. If you are worried about resale, Ton Praram is the best bet. £150 is a bargain.

Comment

I ordered one directly from ton praram it took a few months to be delivered but I don't think it cost more than £200 ish. If can stretch a bit you could put your mind at rest. I must say, mine was better than I expected, I thought as it was series 1 the shaft would not be as visually appealing, this doesn't really bother me and I think adds to the character of the cue, but actually, the shaft looks really nice anyway.

Comment

Originally Posted by Capabara View Post
                    I ordered one directly from ton praram it took a few months to be delivered but I don't think it cost more than £200 ish. If can stretch a bit you could put your mind at rest. I must say, mine was better than I expected, I thought as it was series 1 the shaft would not be as visually appealing, this doesn't really bother me and I think adds to the character of the cue, but actually, the shaft looks really nice anyway.
                    Everyone here has said TP lol. I think I'll get that. Did you get a choice of the shaft or did they choose it themselves? I'm getting it for 150 GBP only for the cue without shipping. However what bothers me is the specifications because I've never bought a cue before. Unsure of the length, tip size and butt size since I don't have cues here that I could try out

Comment

Originally Posted by psyhigh View Post
                      Everyone here has said TP lol. I think I'll get that. Did you get a choice of the shaft or did they choose it themselves? I'm getting it for 150 GBP only for the cue without shipping. However what bothers me is the specifications because I've never bought a cue before. Unsure of the length, tip size and butt size since I don't have cues here that I could try out
                      If you have never bought a cue before it would be wise to go with fairly standard spec's , again this will help with resale value.

So dont go for less than 9.5mm tip. (9.8mm is a good starting size as it can be thinned down)
                      57/58 inch (144/147cm) lengh
                      17.5/18.5 max weight.

Cant go too far wrong keeping within these limits.
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

They just chose the shaft. I figured they knew more about it than I did and as I say, I think they did a really nice job. I have not had a lot of cues so I chose fairly standard specs. I have played with a bit lighter cue before and it didn't feel quite right, around 17oz I believe so I ordered 18.5.

Comment

Unfortunately the dealer doesn't have a 3/4 joint TP series 1 cue but only one piece. He gave me two other options for 3/4 at 130 pounds which I'm posting below. Do these look good or should I wait for a TP 3/4 Series 1?

Maximus cue : 58" | 9.6mm | 17.8oz

Precision cue : 58" | 9.6mm | 18oz

Comment

Can’t go wrong with a Maximus cue to be honest...looks nice too:encouragement:
                            VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
                            Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
                            Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
                            Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

How is the precision cue in comparison? I love the chevrons on the precision cue.

One thing I am unsure of is the length. The height of my shoulders from the ground is 59". Would 58" be long enough?

Comment

Working...
                              X