Talisman tips the sound of ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talisman tips the sound of ?

Always used Elks or Blue Diamond thought I would try a Talisman Pro Medium Tip laminated ! with Elks you get a sort of warm round sound with the Talisman its a sort of plink is this normal ?, the tip appears to play well with plenty of screw and control would be grateful for any input. THANKS.

Hi Denja,

I used the same spec Talisman, I found the sound to be a bit odd but actually barely missed a ball with that tip right from the first shot.
    I took it off after that one session though, I don't know why but I just could not get the cue ball. Any spin, be it side spin, screw or top just seemed
    to play so differently it didn't suit my game at all.

Hope to hear you get on well with it though but for me it's back to elks!
    "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

It’s normal for a Talisman to have a woody sound to them but if you don’t like that then go for an ADR147 or Phoenix laminated tip as sound is far more like a firm elk master tip.
      VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
      Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
      Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
      Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
        Hi Denja,

I used the same spec Talisman, I found the sound to be a bit odd but actually barely missed a ball with that tip right from the first shot.
        I took it off after that one session though, I don't know why but I just could not get the cue ball. Any spin, be it side spin, screw or top just seemed
        to play so differently it didn't suit my game at all.

Hope to hear you get on well with it though but for me it's back to elks!
        I tried to persevere with the Talisman but in the end gave up and went back to a pressed Phoenix tip !!! like you could not get my normal screw and as you stated (Did not suit my game) my normal ball control was restored minus mis - cues and crap screw shots and that ping ! pong ! sound Thanks for your input .

Comment

They take some getting used to. Much much prefer ADR147 though, better tips all round imo

Comment

Working...
          X