Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cue action/Grip/Stance Advice Needed (Videos)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue action/Grip/Stance Advice Needed (Videos)

About 3-4 months ago I uploaded some videos for commenting and critiquing on my stance and cue action. Between then and now I’ve had two surgeries but I’m finally back at the snooker table (league begins tomorrow!). Unfortunately, the previous videos were about 10 seconds in length and not very good.

I don’t want to burden the forum or anyone on here in trying to help me improve but any advice is obviously welcome.

I clearly have my elbow behind my back, and there is some movement on the shots. The first and second video is how I always aim and strike. The last video (Behind alt/2) I actually line up the same but very slightly adjust when down on the shot. It’s not correct but it works, as you will see. I just need to line up properly and not correct when down on the shot.

After this, I played one frame. They made a 30 before pushing the black into the cushion, then I made a decent 35 (5 reds, 5 pinks). I'm playing okay but improvement and corrections are needed.

Am I missing anything? I'm sure there are other faults. Frustraing game! Thank you for taking the time to read and help.

P.S - Due to the confined space, it's hard to film certain angles -- I had to be filmed from behind on pinks, not blues.

first of all stay down on the shot - you're jumping up before the ball hits or misses. stay down and watch the object ball all the way to the pocket - dont get up until both balls have stopped moving. without this you cant tell why you missed, is your cue pointing straight after the shot?, did you miss thin or thick? was the error aiming or cueing? - you can't get those answers without staying down.

good luck sir

Comment

i concur on the movement. those long blues you raise your head as you strike, this could move your cue offline. when i am doing these exercises i try to have a count of 2 after i deliver the cue it keeps me down that little bit longer and still.

Comment

Working...
      X