Case recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case recommendation

Can anyone recommend a case for a 3/4 joint cue. I have a cheap ebay aluminium case, but the foam is a bit thin, so my cue rattles around a bit, well the shaft does. It's not a case which really lends itself to putting a cloth in to add some extra cushioning. Anything available which is similar but will hold the cue in place more firmly, to stop the joint or tip taking a hit every time i move? Will consider different case styles up to £100.Thanks.

my vote is for CueCraft Ali cases, the new foam with velvet topping are good and last for years, they sell replacements if necessary (I bought a set for a very old case that had lost it ) and hold the cue snuggly; the construction is strong and they are light to carry.

Maybe try ADR147, he often has a few in stock
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thanks. Just had a look at those, they look nice. I noticed some had light grey foam with dimpled foam in the lid, and others had black foam without the dimpled lid sheet. Is one of these better than the other?

Comment

I believe the dimples is an old photo of the old version, the flat one on the top is the new version with the velvet cap

Comment

one thing to do, is to measure the longest part (shaft) from tip to end of joint-screw, and check the internal capacity fo the case you are interested in; just 3/4 case for a 3/4 cue may not do it

Comment

sure they are not sold out..?

Comment

yes on cue craft site, but maybe "maybe" ADR may have one or two at the back of his huge stock room

John Parrott has some in stock (more expensive though)

I am sure if you hunt around, you should find more in stock

Comment

Peradon halo is a good case as well, just a bit annoying they never included a section for chalk.

Comment

I was looking at the Cue Craft cases earlier ADR147 has them on his ebay shop and Green Baize has them listed in stock as well. ADR147 mentions the new lining on his listing. I would imagine Green Baize would make sure you got the new version if you get in touch with them as well. From what I have read it is difficult to get a better case than these in this price range.

Comment

E- bay , second hand Barracuda Match ( 2x channel ) or Silver Fox or Cue Craft . Any of these , cant go wrong , the Barracuda cases will hold a shaft up to 49 1/2 " long , CueCraft less because of the chalk box at the end .

Comment

I got a cuecraft case ordered from Greenbaize. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Hi, i found problems with the hinge it would pop out. Players would ask if I could repair them.

Comment

Originally Posted by Red 75 View Post
                          Hi, i found problems with the hinge it would pop out. Players would ask if I could repair them.
                          on a Cue Craft ali case?
                          I have had these for years and never had any issue with any Cue Craft Ali case hinge.

When an old 2pc case fell off the back of my bike and a truck ran over it; it protected the cue, the hinge was bent a bit, but it was the clasps that were the failure point.

Comment

Hi,i was was referring to the halo case sorry for confusion.

Comment

Originally Posted by Red 75 View Post
                              Hi,i was was referring to the halo case sorry for confusion.
                              phew :biggrin:
                              thanks for the clarification

Comment

Working...
                              X