Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Owen or Lonergan cue?

Hi All,

Im looking at getting a new cue made and want to try a maker I have never used before.

Having had a look at pictures on the web Im split between Jason Owen and Jonathan Lonergan.

Could anybody give any advice on which one to go with?

cheers
    Just because its old, doesn't mean its worth a fortune!!

we dont know which ones you have not used

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
      we dont know which ones you have not used
      I will list what I have as there maybe cue makers I dont know about and I am open to recommendation

Cues I own:

Parris
      Trevor White
      Robin Cook
      Dave Coutts
      Stamford
      Wooldridge
      Glover
      Craftsman
      Andy Travis
      Peradon
      Mastercraft
      Dan Shelton
      Aeon
      Barracuda
      Tony Wilshaw
      Master
      Phoenix
      Dave White
      Countless vintage cues over the years

thanks

Comment

What a collection!

I'd say got Thai - Ton Praram - Blackbone or limited edition if money not a concern - these look fantastic and his cues play well

Also, Tyrone - Martin Daly is an option

Comment

with a list like that you should be giving us advice! I've seen brilliant examples of both. Without knowing their pricing, I may be wrong but given that Jason Owen is the more established cue maker Lonergan prices may be more attractive at this current time and more likely to increase the most in future

Comment

Thanks guys.

I used to be buying cues on what seemed like a weekly basis at 1 point but it all took a bit of a back seat after the issues with the shelton cues so Im not too clued up on some of the makers that have popped up over the last few years.

Comment

Raymond Cohen - Exquisite cues.
              Martin Daley - Tyrone cues.

Comment

Originally Posted by Burwat Champ View Post
                Thanks guys.

I used to be buying cues on what seemed like a weekly basis at 1 point but it all took a bit of a back seat after the issues with the shelton cues so Im not too clued up on some of the makers that have popped up over the last few years.
                Out of your collection, which is your favourite? What differences do you notice with the likes of Cook, Glover, TW, Stamford, Parris? I appreciate not all cues from a given maker are the same, but I find it interesting nonetheless

Comment

Of the two you listed I'd be inclined to go for Lonergan. But having said that your collection is so huge you wouldn't even need another!..

To match on a par, I'd say a Robert Osborne if you can get to him, exquisite as previously mentioned or go Thai with a ton praram

Comment

Originally Posted by anish147 View Post
                    What a collection!

I'd say got Thai - Ton Praram - Blackbone or limited edition if money not a concern - these look fantastic and his cues play well

Also, Tyrone - Martin Daly is an option
                    Quite like the idea of the black bone cues, anybody any idea of cost?

Comment

Out of your collection, which is your favourite? What differences do you notice with the likes of Cook, Glover, TW, Stamford, Parris? I appreciate not all cues from a given maker are the same, but I find it interesting nonetheless
                      To be honest the cues you mention are all pretty close in terms of quality, play ability etc..

The 2 stand out cues I had and for some strange reason let both go were a Dave Coutts and a Mike Wooldridge

Comment

Originally Posted by Burwat Champ View Post
                        Quite like the idea of the black bone cues, anybody any idea of cost?
                        No idea, but there's something enticing and pure about black bone. One day, I'll be able to get one!

Comment

No idea, but there's something enticing and pure about black bone. One day, I'll be able to get one!
                          a black bone direct from ton after customs will cost you circa 8-900 GBP. thats if you go for the pro shaft.

you can however order one through stu and avoid that and with the pro shaft is 715gbp. the pro option costs 120gbp so if you dont care about that just minus 120gbp

Comment

ADR147 deserve an entry in that great collection.

Comment

I've extended a Jason Owen and a few friend's have had cues from him.
                              Very nice cues, all of the one's I've seen.

Know another maker you might fancy giving a try
                              For that one you've always wanted...
                              https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Working...
                              X