Another "what to put on the end of my pointy thing thread?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another "what to put on the end of my pointy thing thread?"

At a guess my current tip is a blue diamond 10mm from my local club. Only reason at the time was convenience. No idea about brands and hardness etc. I've been reading through tip threads and still not sure what to go for. Someone recommended elkmasters but after reading about milk and pressing that kind of put me off them. No Pro here or decent player so just looking for something decent to play with and use as a starting point.

personal preference my friend .
    you could get different response by putting the same tip on different cues.
    I use tiger soft .
    my brother uses , BBD tips

The best way try them until you find one which suits your cue and your game.

btw , keep an eye on this thread, I'm sure others will follow with better advices :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
      The best way try them until you find one which suits your cue and your game.
      Indeedy: I've found nowt wrong with these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-Of-50p...72.m2749.l2649

Comment

Got these , but yet to try them out . My mate swears by them .

Still plugging on with the Elk Pro , which i really like . So reluctant to change at the moment .
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Not really sure about all that soft, medium, hard stuff. Only thing I look for is a tip that holds the chalk well. Played with Elks for donkeys years then had a few bad ones. Moved to the Mike Woolridge super tips and they were great. Pity you can't get them anymore. Bought myself 3 Elk Pros (soft) and quite liked them. I'm now trying out a Blue Diamond and early thoughts are they're not as good as Elk Pros. Harder with a different sound. Apologies for this completely unhelpful post lol. Really wish I understood what makes a good tip. The pros seem to prefer hard I think?

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
            Indeedy: I've found nowt wrong with these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-Of-50p...72.m2749.l2649
            I've got these and think they are great.
            Also putting them on all my new cues and a few friend's have tried that and very happy too.
            Have brought another 5 boxes, so make sure I've got plenty.
            For that one you've always wanted...
            https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Those TS long ba tips are great for the money. I have gone from a TSF medium to an ADR super soft back to the TSF tip, I took the ADR one off to try a woods cue layered tip, ( bit of a mistake)I couldn't make my mind up on it maybe a medium would be better but at £4 for two for a layered tip they are definitely worth a try.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
                Also putting them on all my new cues and a few friend's have tried that and very happy too.
                Interesting . first time i hear about it .

what kind of tip is it ? pressed fibre tip ( likes grand tips ) ??

not expensive !!

Comment

Interesting . first time i hear about it .

not expensive !!
                  Yes they are pressed and very happy with them and funny thing is, a friend told me about these Chinese tips he had just got that are great....
                  Yes he took out a box of the TS Long BA lol

Comment

All interesting stuff so far. Might have to give the TS Long BA ones a go unless something else pops up.

Comment

I just believed the Listing ie Pressed Leather, but Tip Scientists on here can clarify...

not expensive !!
                      Most certainly not, and as a few have alluded to the hunt for a perfect Tip can be eternal - and then you want one from a lil while ago and they aren't as remembered....

I discovered them from a Cue Maker Thread on here, and have read no moans\complaints\rants about them. 50 for £4, it's almost rude not to try them out?

Comment

Would you describe them as Soft, Medium or Hard. Are they fairly consistent or can you get different types in the same box?

Comment

Yes they are pressed and very happy with them and funny thing is, a friend told me about these Chinese tips he had just got that are great....
                          I'd second that, bought two boxes to fit to the cues I make and haven't found a dud one yet.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                            I'd second that, bought two boxes to fit to the cues I make and haven't found a dud one yet.
                            Same here, some of the most consistent tips I've used.
                            Not one bud and have used about 25 tips out of my first box.
                            Only one person that didn't like them.
                            They do same a little harder than elks but not by much and happy to do what I want with the cue ball...

When I'm play well....

Comment

I just believed the Listing ie Pressed Leather, but Tip Scientists on here can clarify...

Most certainly not, and as a few have alluded to the hunt for a perfect Tip can be eternal - and then you want one from a lil while ago and they aren't as remembered....

I discovered them from a Cue Maker Thread on here, and have read no moans\complaints\rants about them. 50 for £4, it's almost rude not to try them out?
                              Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                              Unbelievable . just about time you think you have seen it all , pops sumthing new up.

Cheers for info guys !!

Comment

Working...
                              X