CueKit CuePads & CueCloths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CueKit CuePads & CueCloths

A few weeks back I made some fun leather accessories and posted them in a thread here. TBH, it was in great part to kill some time over Christmas whilst I was invaded by slobbering in-laws but a couple of them turned out to be very useful. The cleaning pads worked particularly well and a couple of friends of mine asked to try them out and were very taken with them. I did a bit of research and sourced a material that would clean a clue well without removing wood and causing scratches. I found that the factory that makes scouring pads (which many of us used years ago for cleaning cues) now made a much softer version that works brilliantly for this purpose and is kind to the cue. So I set about making and testing some more and also came up with a CueCloth that uses really soft chamois leather. The latter is great for wiping down a cue, dry of damp and like the CuePad is small enough to fit in your case and saves you carrying a towel or huge microfibre cloth with you.
    So I contacted DeanH this evening and asked if it was OK to post a thread here so I could show you what I came up with since the long leather accessories thread. I make each of the CuePads and CueCloths by hand from leather off-cuts sourced here in the UK and put them together and finish them in my workshop on the Isle of Wight.
    Do have a look if you've a mind and feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

https://cuekit.co.uk/shop/

Sum nice stuff there
    Current playing cue Trevor White
    3/4 ash cue

Comment

Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
      Sum nice stuff there
      Cheers Stevie!

Comment

So what else do you make
        3/4 ash cue

Comment

So what else do you make
          I make all kinds of things for myself but just these two that I now sell so far. Have a look at this thread Stevie. You'll see some of the other stuff I was talking about. I may well look at putting a couple of them into the range if people are interested.

Comment

Like the leather tip shaper I just bought a sleeve of stu at gbl other day love the attention to detail you have
            3/4 ash cue

Comment

Like the leather tip shaper I just bought a sleeve of stu at gbl other day love the attention to detail you have
              Thank you, Stevie. The leather cover on that one does make it much nice to use and more tactile. I may well look at doing that one.

Comment

good stuff,

are you really on 147 CL(E)ARENCE ROAD?

Comment

Originally Posted by matthias View Post
                  good stuff,

are you really on 147 CL(E)ARENCE ROAD?
                  LOL! Ya know, before you pointed that out it had never occurred to me! Very good!! :biggrin-new:

Comment

Originally Posted by WIGHTDIAMOND View Post
                    LOL! Ya know, before you pointed that out it had never occurred to me! Very good!! :biggrin-new:
                    It's meant to be then WD, written in the stars for you!
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                      It's meant to be then WD, written in the stars for you!
                      Sounds like it, CC!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by WIGHTDIAMOND View Post
                        hahaha, happy to point it out, property value just increased
                        Last edited by matthias; 30 January 2019, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by matthias View Post
                          hahaha, happy to point it out, property value just increased
                          Defo! If I ever sell the house I'll advertise it all over the snooker forums!

Comment

Working...
                          X