Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Cue Advice

Good afternoon,

I am after some advice from everyone on the forum.

I am an amateur player at best, and I am looking to upgrade my cue as I start to take the game more seriously. But I have no clue where to start.

My current cue is a cheap one, it has 'Handmade Woods' on the logo on the butt, and I brought this second hand from someone I knew many many years ago. It's quite clearly not the best quality; I've never weighted it but it does feel very light. It feels very very nice on a pool table, I can get all the reaction I'd like from it. But on a snooker table it just doesn't feel right. Feels like I can't get a large reaction at all. I've played briefly with a heavier cue, I could get much more reaction as it felt a lot heavier. As i understand it, 18 ounces is a good weight for snooker. It's a 3/4 piece, but I'd like to move to one piece.

I've had my eye on the Peradon Edwardian one piece for a while, it looks smart, with a small logo, to me it looks clean and simple. But I have read mixed things on the internet about Peradon. My budget is upto £180, and whilst I understand this isn't a lot in the grand scheme of what I could pay (Parris for example) I'd like to think I can get something relatively okay for that money.

Any help, advice, or information is gratefully received.

Thankyou,
    Al

have a look around before diving in
    I am assuming you are UK-based.

Green Baize www.greenbaize.com and have a look around; also Stuart Green is very good on the phone to find what you are after and he has a wide range to suits budgets

Also, maybe contact ADR147 (Andrew) here on TSF (by PM if you like), he will probably have something as well
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thankyou mate, will check them out.

Comment

Something a little different perhaps.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263925569956
        Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
        but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

email me I will sort you out. adr147@hotmail.com
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
          X