Non expensive one piece case for flying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non expensive one piece case for flying

Hi guys and girls. I'm flying to Benidorm in a few weeks and my Villa has a pool table. I have a new one piece cue on the way and I'm looking for a sturdy non expensive case suitable for taking on a plane. Any help would be much appreciated

Non expensive one piece case for flying

I have heard that pros use ski cases to hold their cue cases.
    there are also those extendable plastic shoulder strap cases but not sure how sturdy and protective they are though.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Cheers. I've seen a few places rocommend ski cases. I was thinking of getting a cue craft or similar and using the box it comes in too

Comment

Leave the cue at home and enjoy the break !

I would be single if I told the Mrs that I was taking a cue on holiday ……….ummm…...where are those holiday brochures
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

If you really HAVE to take the cue with you then get an aluminium case with locks but would suggest you just go and buy a cheap 2-piece if you really wanna take your own cue there (one you dont mind getting damaged etc)

Comment

Originally Posted by hunter101 View Post
            Hi guys and girls. I'm flying to Benidorm in a few weeks and my Villa has a pool table. I have a new one piece cue on the way and I'm looking for a sturdy non expensive case suitable for taking on a plane. Any help would be much appreciated
            I have a friend that does the alu ones and can see how much he did then for and they lock.
            For that one you've always wanted...
            https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

I agree with leaving the cue at home. That's a lot of hassle. When I've been on holiday somewhere with a table, I've taken a tip shaper and a couple of tips, and the tip shaper alone has been all I needed to get a house cue usable every time.

Comment

I've used polycarbonate waste pipe packed with sponge, and solvent welded end stops in, as a cheap strong case before. I wouldn't put it on a plane though, they appear to have specific folding machines for long baggage, and then they normally throw it on a different plane and you never see it again anyway.

Comment

Double hard plastic tube with end caps

Comment

Originally Posted by sanman View Post
                    Double hard plastic tube with end caps
                    With "FRAGILE" stickers everywhere!

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
                      With "FRAGILE" stickers everywhere!
                      Sounds like a red rag to a bull for some luggage handlers.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm still debating it. Have to decide if it's worth the risk or not, edging towards no to be fair. Would hate for something to happen to it

Comment

Originally Posted by hunter101 View Post
                          Thanks guys. I'm still debating it. Have to decide if it's worth the risk or not, edging towards no to be fair. Would hate for something to happen to it
                          sounds like you have your answer.. we all knew you would get there in the end.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                            Sounds like a red rag to a bull for some luggage handlers.
                            Yup, might as well put "please snap me in half" on it.

Comment

Wouldn't having the cue on the plane (regardless of what case it's in) subject it to extreme temperature changes anyway causing warps and what not?

How do the professionals prevent this considering the amount of flights they put their cues through.

Comment

Working...
                              X