Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exquisite cues - Scotland

Hi all,

I have been on the hunt for a new cue for a while now.. I hear good and bad things about all cue makers especially the big ones! One cue maker I have heard only great things about is Raymond Cohen of exquisite cues.. I'm just wondering a couple of things really ?? (1) Opinions on his cues as I heard there great and the man really prides himself on quality (2) rough price range and finally (3) I'm currently living in Ireland I presume there would be no problem organising this from where I am ??

Thanks for comments in advance .. :-)

Hi Stevie I know Raymond and just got an exquisite 1 piece last week off him which he made for me and can tell you honestly it is one of the finest cues I have seen ! The shafts he uses are of highest quality and not only feel great but look great too. As far as price goes would really depend on what you are after obviously but as a reference my cue is a 1 piece ,ash ,57" long, 9.5mm tip ,29mm butt and 17.5oz in weight with 4lower splices of birds eye maple and was £350 which I would jump on cause his prices will only go up as he becomes more established and you won't have nearly as long a wait as you will with other cue makers. You can contact him on here easy enough and he will sort you out mate ,he deals with clients in china, Hong Kong etc so will be no problem sorting you out from Ireland !! His TSF name is raymo147 if this helps.
    Last edited by craig147; 28 March 2013, 08:00 PM.
    " and for those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green. "

Comment

Cheers Craig really appreciate that .. I had only heard great things about so I think I am gonna get in contact with him .. Thanks again :-)

Comment

I got a cue off Raymond before Christmas it was a cue he had for a while he had messed up the splicing. one of the bottom points on the ebony was out all the tops of the splicing are bang on its just a plain ebony and ash 1 piece cue
        But apart from the small error on the splicing which doesn't effect the cue in any way the cues superb. And the best thing was I paid under £200.

Comment

No probs mate, Let me know how you get on !
          " and for those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green. "

Comment

Class cues. I've been using one for a while now really nice. Prices will vary depending on the cue but the one I got had a padauk front splice with thick maple veneer with perfectly spliced ebony and an extremely dark old looking beautiful shaft with 7 arrows, originally one of three that were tested by pro Anthony McGill (who now uses one) all for £175 + postage, but I do believe it was one of the first he sold on here so I got a very good price :snooker:
            "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

how do you get in tuch with him as i am also wanting one of his cues

Comment

Originally Posted by andrew29 View Post
                how do you get in tuch with him as i am also wanting one of his cues
                If your on Facebook search for Exquisite cues. Raymond will always reply, top guy.

Comment

i did post him a pm but got nuting back was 14 days agow or so is ther a web-page i can get him on etc?

Comment

i did post him a pm but got nuting back was 14 days agow or so is ther a web-page i can get him on etc?
                    I don't think he takes orders anymore, he tends to make batches for agents in Asia. I'm surprised he didn't reply as he's usually really good. I've only just sold mine, it was a lovely cue.

Comment

all mesag him agen i didnt know he didnt tack orders thats probs y he didnt get back to me

Comment

He is not keen on doing orders for people - what is it you are looking for?
                        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

basikly 9mill tip 58" cue and on the light side in wate

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                            He is not keen on doing orders for people - what is it you are looking for?
                            Didn't know we had robots playing this game that much.lol

Comment

basikly 9mill tip 58" cue and on the light side in wate
                              email me adr147@hotmail.com
                              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                              X