2017 World Snooker Championship Players Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 World Snooker Championship Players Tips

As usual, I've was interested to see what tip shapes the players had at this years world championships.

I remembered Stuart Bingham fitting a new tip for the Worlds last year which didn't go well for him.

Most of the players this year seem to have tips with a lot of depth so I doubt if they are that old. Stuart Carrington and Kyren Wilson opting to go with well played in tips but this may have already cost Wilson a frame or two.

I have also collected a few pics for those sad guys that want to see what the pro's like here.

Professional Snooker Player Tip Shapes 2017 World Snooker Championships
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
    As usual, I've was interested to see what tip shapes the players had at this years world championships.

I remembered Stuart Bingham fitting a new tip for the Worlds last year which didn't go well for him.

Most of the players this year seem to have tips with a lot of depth so I doubt if they are that old. Stuart Carrington and Kyren Wilson opting to go with well played in tips but this may have already cost Wilson a frame or two.

I have also collected a few pics for those sad guys that want to see what the pro's like here.

Professional Snooker Player Tip Shapes 2017 World Snooker Championships
    Be interesting to see how they compare to the average size and shape of say 15 years ago. And I wonder whether a change has come about in this due to conditions with cloth and balls. Most probably/definitely?
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
      Be interesting to see how they compare to the average size and shape of say 15 years ago. And I wonder whether a change has come about in this due to conditions with cloth and balls. Most probably/definitely?
      Yeah, I'd like to know if things have changed or not. Obviously tips don't need so much wearing in nowadays so you don;t need to leave them a little larger so they reduce in size to your perfect shape.

They do seem bigger nowadays but I would need some feedback from others as I always used a smaller tip myself.

Comment

'o'Sullivans tip looks incredibly lob sided in that pic.

And Ebdons ferrule is the zenith ferrule made by stamford cues, not the blackspin ferrule.

Comment

Kyren Wilson, any "After" photo?

and also to state that Ebdon has the Stamford Zenith ferrule, not MW
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I've noticed Fu always seems to play with a high tip, almost like he's playing with a new tip each time. Looks like a blue diamond as well.

Comment

John higgins uses kamui m/h

Comment

Originally Posted by frazz View Post
                John higgins uses kamui m/h
                Hey Frazz, how many players on tour other than yourself fit their own tips?

Comment

Allan taylor does tips, maguire does his own, Anthony mcgill does his own, that's all I really know

Comment

I noticed almost all of the tips had burnished sides, I've never thought about keeping my tip burnished, although when I get my tip replaced at the snooker shop the guy always does it. What's the advantages of it and what grade sandpaper is best for this?

Comment

wen I do tips, on the sides I use p2500 grade that u get from Halfords, it's more or less like using paper it's that fine, it just gets the edges as smooth as possible and gives it a nice shine, if u call that burnished then yes they will all be burnished

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post

And Ebdons ferrule is the zenith ferrule made by stamford cues, not the blackspin ferrule.
                        Yeah it does look lop sided and it's not a bad picture, maybe that's why he changed it after that but then again he does change them pretty often.

Updated the ferrule section thanks as didn't know that!

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                          Kyren Wilson, any "After" photo?

and also to state that Ebdon has the Stamford Zenith ferrule, not MW
                          Yeah I'm searching for an after photo.

He didn't do too well with the original ferrule and it looked pretty worn. Obviously tip trouble doesn't help when you're playing at that stage so it must have affected him mentally.

Trying to use a new tip mid match is always a bummer so he must be pretty cheesed off!

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                            I've noticed Fu always seems to play with a high tip, almost like he's playing with a new tip each time. Looks like a blue diamond as well.
                            Yeah it was very high, it's like when I first cue the sides of an over-sized Elk prior to reducing it and shaping it; I'd be interested to see how spongy it is as it doesn't look too solid to me; way too high for my liking.

Ding Junhui and Noppon Saengkhams tips weren't that small either which was interesting.

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                              Yeah it does look lop sided and it's not a bad picture, maybe that's why he changed it after that but then again he does change them pretty often.

Updated the ferrule section thanks as didn't know that!
                              I think that Ronnie plays with his cue in a certain position in his hands and hence has some concentrated compression of the tip due to constant impact at that point. I play with my cue in one place and notice compression of the tip.
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                              X