New here from East Sussex, new cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here from East Sussex, new cue

Hi I'm new to the forum, I've been playing snooker on and off (casually just for fun) most of my life. I've played a couple of hours every few weeks for the last 2 years and recently been getting more into it and playing more often.

I've recently upgraded my cue to a 17oz 58" 10mm Peradon and noticed an immediate improvement in my game. The lacquer on my old cue was really making it sticky and difficult to cue smoothly, I was surprised how big of a difference it made using the new one. I went from struggling to string 2 or 3 balls together to getting a break of 24 the third time I played with it, which is the highest I can remember. Now I'd like to be able to build breaks more consistently and beat my record, so I'll keep practicing!

Welcome to TSF and it is great you are loving the game
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Welcome to TSF :snooker:
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

If you're near Brighton, check out the Castle Club. Best club I've been too in years. They have Jamaican chèfs in the kitchen making Jerk chicken, which is pretty unique for a snooker club

Comment

Oh that's different! I'm about an hour away from Brighton but go there sometimes so will keep that in mind, thanks

Comment

Check out franksandellcuesport .co.uk I have coached in the Eastbourne area for decades and have a very active cue supply business where you can "TRY BEFORE YOU BUY" in complete privacy. You can call me on 01903 238571 to chat things over. I am in Worthing BN147JL.

Comment

Oh that would have been great, I wondered if there was somewhere like that so I may do that next time I'm looking for a cue. Thanks Frank. I've considered having a few coaching sessions too sometime - I'm more Hastings/Bexhill area but I could do Eastbourne.

Comment

Hi I’m new to the forum and just started playing again and I have just moved to Bexhill if you fancy a game sometime.

Comment

Hi Busheta, oh cool sure I'd be up for a game sometime :-) O'Sullivans is a nice club I joined recently. I'd private message you but need 10 posts to do it.

Comment

That would be great how do we arrange something as I’m not sure about the rules around posting my phone number

Comment

I can't see a rule against it, someone else already shared their number in this thread, but if you prefer something a bit more private as I would, I'll keep this temporary chat room open for the evening and hopefully catch you there?: https://tlk.io/bushetamonocot should be able to exchange details there and then delete them

Comment

I’ve put my details on there hopefully it works

Comment

Got it thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X