Hypnotherapy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypnotherapy

Has anyone tried hypnotherapy to improve there snooker and confidence levels? And if so, what were the results ?

No, but it sounds very interesting!
    Quote : It took me eight hours a day for 16 years to become an overnight sensation! Cliff Thorburn

Comment

I have used some of the skills in Neuro Linguistic Programming in my snooker and i incorporate it in my pupils mental attitudes. Personally i have had some great results and find that it can give a great deal of confidence and belief to someones game.
      coaching is not just for the pros
      www.121snookercoaching.com

Comment

Originally Posted by CoachGavin View Post
        I have used some of the skills in Neuro Linguistic Programming in my snooker and i incorporate it in my pupils mental attitudes. Personally i have had some great results and find that it can give a great deal of confidence and belief to someones game.
        oooooooooo check you out 'neuro linguistic programming'

Bet you say this to all the girls too. Actually serious now but can you tell me what these words are and can you secretly hypnotise someone to say.. do the cleaning up after themselves?

Comment

I play a great game when I'm asleep, shame I have to get up a go to work in the morning

Comment

The reasons I ask if Im contemplating goin to see a hypnotherapist to improve my confidence. Iv seen many coaches, and they have all said my technique is very good, and none of them can undersrand my inconsistences sayin tht I shud b makin regular 40plus breaks. The thing is I no my problem lies in my self belief, I have no trust or confidence in myself, which then causes doubts, even after only 5mins of play. Worst of all tho it causes me to become tense and then my technique suffers. Do you think hypnotherapy cud improve my confidence ?

Comment

Originally Posted by 1blonde View Post
              .... and can you secretly hypnotise someone to say.. do the cleaning up after themselves?
              No need to do that Blondie, just take away his "privileges"

Comment

I tried a Paul McKenna self hypnosis CD about 6 years ago and I noticed a big difference in my clarity of thought when playing. I felt the cue in my hand, noticed the click of the balls and the stillness of the balls in between shots. I felt I had all the time in the world to play shots. At the time I was working nights and was using the CD to help me have a nap on my break rather than improve my snooker. I booked a days holiday a went for a game with a friend and I made a 134 (personal best - by a mile!) in the second frame. I have never played quite as well as I did that day but I still use the CD (now on my MP3) from time to time. I think it can now be down loaded in MP3 format from McKenna's web site for free and I would recommend giving it a go.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                  No need to do that Blondie, just take away his "privileges"
                  Sounds like she already has if he's not "cleaning up after himself"

Comment

Neuro Linguistic Programming is used a lot in my work too that i have addapted to help a number of players and sports people its not hypnotherapy. I use NLP and several other ways to help someone to look at a number of issues. Its a far more natural way of improving such things as confidence and issues with nerves. Neuro Linguistic Programming is using techniques to change the way that we may think about something. A quick way of explaining it is that as we grow and experience things we may take on certain beliefs like if you reqognise that last time you was in a certain position in a match you went on to lose it that the same is going to happen again. Its changing such a thought that it may feel the same but the result will be different this time around.
                    It puts you in a far more positive position and as its a more natural way of working it is far more longer lasting.

ive found that it works best when put together with a group of other therapies rather than just using it on its own, like any thing its something that a player has to npractice and they have to realise that its something that they have to continue to work on.

http://www.mattandrewsmentoring.org/...onfidence.html

Comment

Originally Posted by Sport Focus View Post
                      A quick way of explaining it is that as we grow and experience things we may take on certain beliefs like if you reqognise that last time you was in a certain position in a match you went on to lose it that the same is going to happen again.
                      Funny you should say that, I lost 2 black ball frames this week and it wasn't until it got down to that stage that I suddenly got super tense, twitched on shots and had no confidence at all that I was going to win them, up til those momments I was fully focussed and full of self belief...

I lost about 7 matches last season on black balls and I know full well that played a huge part in what happened to me this week, fully twitched on a pink to win one match, missed the cut back by a good foot! and then with the pink over the bag and the black not to far away ( a shot that required a simple tap in on the pink to leave a pretty simple cut to the other middle pocket on the black.) in the other I had absolutely no confidence what so ever that I could play that shot without missing the pink so played something else (not sure what as I just remember telling myself to just make sure of potting the pink.) and was left with a long straight black into the yellow pocket which I duly missed by a mile....

Really need some therapy to change that!
                      One day I'll make a century, I've knocked in a 51!

Comment

Originally Posted by DWOT View Post
                        Funny you should say that, I lost 2 black ball frames this week and it wasn't until it got down to that stage that I suddenly got super tense, twitched on shots and had no confidence at all that I was going to win them, up til those momments I was fully focussed and full of self belief...

I lost about 7 matches last season on black balls and I know full well that played a huge part in what happened to me this week, fully twitched on a pink to win one match, missed the cut back by a good foot! and then with the pink over the bag and the black not to far away ( a shot that required a simple tap in on the pink to leave a pretty simple cut to the other middle pocket on the black.) in the other I had absolutely no confidence what so ever that I could play that shot without missing the pink so played something else (not sure what as I just remember telling myself to just make sure of potting the pink.) and was left with a long straight black into the yellow pocket which I duly missed by a mile....

Really need some therapy to change that!
                        Therapy can be a bit of a scary word that without understanding what its about can worry a lot of people, its an easier phrase to use as people relate to looking at problems as therapy. although ive used it i acctualy like to take all of that stuff away and describe it to start with as a relaxed chat about whats going on. basicly the way that i have changed things to fit in with the sport is really that we just talk about what is going on and then talk about ways to help. by the end of a first meeting players find that there confidence is raised and that they have gained something from it. Ive seen another post about someone using a CD that they have to listen to over a period of time, these CD's are good but it can take longer to gain any thing out of them

Comment

Same goes for me , i,ve lost some real tight finishes to excellent players and looking back and reflecting on them i believe it was me who lost them rather than my opponents play winning them .

I am conscious of that feeling now and try and gee muself up rather than bottling it so to speak .

I,m a great believer that the frame of mind your in has a great bearing on your performances .

Comment

This is a long shot, but I have been trying to find that recording for a while now. I bought it on cassette in 1997. I would be willing to paypal you a few quid for an mp3.

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                              Same goes for me , i,ve lost some real tight finishes to excellent players and looking back and reflecting on them i believe it was me who lost them rather than my opponents play winning them .

I am conscious of that feeling now and try and gee muself up rather than bottling it so to speak .

I,m a great believer that the frame of mind your in has a great bearing on your performances .
                              Dear hotpot ,

I just went to open this thread bcuz i saw our fellow member Darragh's replay to this thread and so i see one of your excellent posts again.
                              Just wanted to say, No one has forgotten you. (your kindness/great knowledge and such a excellent posts).
                              Think about you every time i log in here .
                              Rest in peace , Dear friend !!

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                              X