feathers and backswing timing issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feathers and backswing timing issues

hi everyone i have a question,should the speed of the feathers be the same as the speed of the backswing?most of my feathers are quicker than my backswing (which is slower),does this cause timing issues?because when i'm playing in practice sometimes,(not always) after a while my backswing starts getting a little faster especially on long draw shots and shots with power.maybe i'm doing it subconsciously to match up the speed of my feathers.also i have a rear pause but no front pause.
    Last edited by kflps; 14 March 2019, 01:54 AM.

I have read by many coach-type people that the last draw-back should be slow and controlled before delivering to cue for the shot.
    "feathering" is a very personal thing and no one method is right for all.
    I would ask, are you potting balls, are you controlling the cue ball? If so, try to forget what you are doing with the feathers and instead concentrate on the shot and striking through the cue ball, and cue ball control
    With this concentration timing and power wanted will come.
    Faffing about with feathering speed duration etc will probably not change anything in the final shot delivery, possibly actually negatively-affect your play

I am not a coach and look forward to other's views on what you describe
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      I have read by many coach-type people that the last draw-back should be slow and controlled before delivering to cue for the shot.
      "feathering" is a very personal thing and no one method is right for all.
      I would ask, are you potting balls, are you controlling the cue ball? If so, try to forget what you are doing with the feathers and instead concentrate on the shot and striking through the cue ball, and cue ball control
      With this concentration timing and power wanted will come.
      Faffing about with feathering speed duration etc will probably not change anything in the final shot delivery, possibly actually negatively-affect your play

I am not a coach and look forward to other's views on what you describe
      i watched many pro players on youtube and some of them don't have the same speed on feathers and backswing so probably it's not an issue.maybe as i'm playing i'm forgetting the rear pause and it screws up the timing.but yes,the most important things as you say is getting through the ball and position play..
      Last edited by kflps; 14 March 2019, 01:46 PM.

Comment

I always thought the front pause was more important than the rear pause, to make sure everything is lined up

Comment

I agree with Dean on feathers, and also the final draw back.

Mental imagery helps some people. When I miss time a few, I like to imagine on the draw back that I'm pulling the string of a bow slowly back, then accelerating the release through the ball when I let the string go.

As I say , works for some and maybe will help you.
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
            I agree with Dean on feathers, and also the final draw back.

Mental imagery helps some people. When I miss time a few, I like to imagine on the draw back that I'm pulling the string of a bow slowly back, then accelerating the release through the ball when I let the string go.

As I say , works for some and maybe will help you.
            I like this, sums it up well. I sometimes imagine that my arm, from the elbow down, is controlled by the piston of a machine, delivering straight and true, helps when I feel I'm wavering.

-
            The fast and the furious,
            The slow and labourious,
            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Working...
            X