Cue Tip Hardness Scale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue Tip Hardness Scale

I've been 'fannying on' with tips recently as I can't seem to find the right softness.

I used to use a Phoenix ash cue that had a bit of flex in it, I found that a Blue Diamond Plus Tip was a nice balance for that shaft, and achieved the 'sweet spot'. Recently I changed to a maple Stamford, naturally the shaft is a bit more dense and probably not quite as much give in it as the previous ash cue. I found a good standard elk (if you can find one) could achieve a similar sweet spot.

I'm currently trying a Grand Soft tip, no doubt it's a great tip, just I feel it's possibly that little bit harder than a decent elk.

So I was wondering what people think about the hardness of the below and whether they agree that they are in the right order (these are based on tips I've tried):

Softest
    Elkmaster - Standard
    Grand - Soft
    Ronnie Elk
    Blue Diamond Plus
    Hardest

Where would people say Elk Master Pro Soft / Medium, MW Super Tips and others worth trying fit in this list?

I'm looking for something around the 'softness' of a Good Elk, are the Elk Master Pro soft's, too soft? Prefer not to use the layered or laminated tips.
    Last edited by Darren Clark; 9 June 2017, 01:18 PM.
Working...
X