Advice on getting a one piece cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on getting a one piece cue

I have been using a 3/4 Maximus Premium cue (58.5" 9.5mm, balances 17.5 or 18 cant remember) for about a year now and am considering getting a one piece. Ideally I would like to get a JP but don't want to waste my money and time waiting.

I have played a bit with a friend's JP cue and the shaft just seemed super dense and solid and I can't help but think that I should try something different similar to that density.

I absolutely love my cue and have grown to know how to use it but I just have an itch for a One Piece.

I'm just really confused on what I should put my money on (wait time considered).

I looked into Ton Praram Beyond edition and it ranges from 600-1000$ (plain ebony to Ronnie Replica design) Canadian dollars with a 4-5 month wait time. There is no way for me to know what the product will feel like which is why I am just so confused. They said once i make the deposit they will send me pictures and i can pick my shaft.

Here is it:

1. Will it really be dense or close or are they just saying this to sell a cue?
    2. Is the price worth it?
    3. What are my other options for a top quality one piece?

My favored specs are 9.4mm tip, 58"cue, One Piece, Dense solid feel in the shaft, 29-30mmbutt.

Will probably place an order in May so just fishing for some info and ideas!

Originally Posted by arsalanjami View Post
    I have been using a 3/4 Maximus Premium cue (58.5" 9.5mm, balances 17.5 or 18 cant remember) for about a year now and am considering getting a one piece. Ideally I would like to get a JP but don't want to waste my money and time waiting.

I have played a bit with a friend's JP cue and the shaft just seemed super dense and solid and I can't help but think that I should try something different similar to that density.

I absolutely love my cue and have grown to know how to use it but I just have an itch for a One Piece.

I'm just really confused on what I should put my money on (wait time considered).

I looked into Ton Praram Beyond edition and it ranges from 600-1000$ (plain ebony to Ronnie Replica design) Canadian dollars with a 4-5 month wait time. There is no way for me to know what the product will feel like which is why I am just so confused. They said once i make the deposit they will send me pictures and i can pick my shaft.

Here is it:

1. Will it really be dense or close or are they just saying this to sell a cue?
    2. Is the price worth it?
    3. What are my other options for a top quality one piece?

My favored specs are 9.4mm tip, 58"cue, One Piece, Dense solid feel in the shaft, 29-30mmbutt.

Will probably place an order in May so just fishing for some info and ideas!
    Give a shout to ADR147 here. He will have excellent cues for all price ranges and with no waiting time too.

Comment

Don't change your cue if happy with it.

Comment

The above answer .

Comment

What do you mean by dense, is this just another way of saying stiff ?

Comment

Stay with the cue you have, a one piece is no better or worse than a split 3/4. But if you want something dense/stiff then I have a one piece beech that ticks all your boxes for a fraction of the price of a JP or Praram and available immediately.
            Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
            but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Simple and most honest answer is don't change your cue. If you love the feel of your cue then your search is over - be content.

You can buy as many cues as you like but you may just find yourself returning to the one you have.

ADR147 will undoubtedly have cues to match your spec and budget, and vmax has some nice cues - only from what I can tell on the youtube videos - never tried one.

I bought around 25 cues over the last year and so 'm trimming my collection. I have a few matching your spec - Trevor White 1 piece, John Parris Professional (3/4), Maximus ultimate and Ton Praram Beyonds - all for a good price but I'd be nervous selling to you as you sound like you have your grail cue and this would just be eye candy. I'm a sucker for eye-candy, hence my collection, but send me a personal message if you're genuinely intrigued

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                Stay with the cue you have, a one piece is no better or worse than a split 3/4. But if you want something dense/stiff then I have a one piece beech that ticks all your boxes for a fraction of the price of a JP or Praram and available immediately.
                Have to agree with max and play with a beech cue myself.
                For that one you've always wanted...
                https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Originally Posted by anish147 View Post
                  Simple and most honest answer is don't change your cue. If you love the feel of your cue then your search is over - be content.

You can buy as many cues as you like but you may just find yourself returning to the one you have.

ADR147 will undoubtedly have cues to match your spec and budget, and vmax has some nice cues - only from what I can tell on the youtube videos - never tried one.

I bought around 25 cues over the last year and so 'm trimming my collection. I have a few matching your spec - Trevor White 1 piece, John Parris Professional (3/4), Maximus ultimate and Ton Praram Beyonds - all for a good price but I'd be nervous selling to you as you sound like you have your grail cue and this would just be eye candy. I'm a sucker for eye-candy, hence my collection, but send me a personal message if you're genuinely intrigued
                  Can you show your Trevor White spec ? And how much is it ?

Comment

Originally Posted by Leason View Post
                    Can you show your Trevor White spec ? And how much is it ?
                    18oz, 57.5, 9.5mm
                    £600 + postage
                    Down chevrons
                    Not keen to sell really but I'd let it go at this price

Comment

Working...
                    X