Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannon Shot

Hi All,
    If the striker play cannon shot by free ball snooker and miss the plant shot what will happen then?

I think you mean the player is trying to hit the cue ball to the ball-on (free ball) and then the cue ball to contact another ball (cannon - the cue ball contacting two balls in one stroke, not simultaneously).

The cue ball MUST contact the nominated free ball FIRST - no foul; if a foul is committed afterwards (say cue ball is pocketed; or a ball flies off the table etc.), penalise as appropriate.
    If the cue ball does not contact the nominated free ball FIRST, foul.

In your scenario (if I read it right) the cue ball contacts the nominated free ball but does not contact the other ball. This itself is not a foul. Just a poorly played shot

cannon - cue ball hits two or more balls in the same stroke.
    plant - cue ball causes an object ball to contact another object ball in the same stroke.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      I think you mean the player is trying to hit the cue ball to the ball-on (free ball) and then the cue ball to contact another ball (cannon - the cue ball contacting two balls in one stroke, not simultaneously).

The cue ball MUST contact the nominated free ball FIRST - no foul; if a foul is committed afterwards (say cue ball is pocketed; or a ball flies off the table etc.), penalise as appropriate.
      If the cue ball does not contact the nominated free ball FIRST, foul.

In your scenario (if I read it right) the cue ball contacts the nominated free ball but does not contact the other ball. This itself is not a foul. Just a poorly played shot

cannon - cue ball hits two or more balls in the same stroke.
      plant - cue ball causes an object ball to contact another object ball in the same stroke.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BETTER EXPLANATION..
      Striker nominates selected "free ball" as a "ball-on" after committed a foul by his opponent, and hits it as a "ball-on". Then he makes his opponent snooker with the same selected "free ball". Therefore we all know that this is a foul stroke achievement. So, in this case the non-striker visits the table and play a cannon shot to make free ball contact to the actual ball-on as a plant shot. The question is if the shot miss to contact the actual ball-on, what is the final decision of referee?

Comment

The nominated Free ball is the Ball On for the stroke and must be hit by the cue ball First - no foul perfectly fine.
        The plant to the "actual" ball on is not considered. How many times do we see the Free ball just potted and the cue ball not hit anything else - even the "actual" ball on
        So in your scenario - if the free ball (after being hit by the cue ball) does not hit the "actual" Ball On, it is not a foul, just that the player did not play the shot right

Comment

Ok let me see if I got the question right with an example.

1 red remaining. Player 1 fouls a shot and player 2 ends up being snookered -> free ball. The final red is nestled in a pocket so player 2 decides to nominate a color as red and try to pot the red in the pocket with a plant. Correct so far?
          Player 2 attempts the shot and misses the plant. If the nominated ball (color) ends up snookering the actual ball on (red in the pocket) then it's a foul en free ball again. If the nominated ball does not snooker the actual ball on then it's not a foul, just a bad shot :-)

Comment

You got it Extinct

Comment

I believe my previous explanation was insufficient. But anyhow more than thanks for your help.
              Best Regards.

Comment

Working...
              X