New Cue Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Cue Questions

Hi fellas, first post so may be stupid questions.

Recently got really into playing regularly and would like to buy a better cue.

I'm 5ft 9 so read that a 58" length would be best? Tip size i was looking for around 9.5-9.8 is this about right? I would like a one piece and will buy a case separately on top.

I have a budget of around £200 but reading through some posts on here from years back I can't figure out which is the right make to go for.

I've seen thai makers mentioned but not specific brands or cues? There are so many makers that I'm worried I'll buy one and later find out there not a good make etc.

If anyone has any links to good cues to buy for this price range I would be extremely greatful.

Cheers, Tom

Master cue is a decent Thai maker with cues within your budget. Check out the Pro Butt, Millennium and Rocket lines at greenbaize.com - decent handspliced cues under £200, and Stu who runs the business is very good for offering advice

Comment

If you buy a cue and play well with it and then find out it's supposed to be a bad make what then ?
      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Go to Greenbaize and try cues out within your budget. Once you find 'that' cue are you really going to be concerned with the badge on the butt?

If the answer is yes, then save your money and get a JP or MW for £900!
        "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
        National Snooker Expo
        25-27 October 2019
        http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Thanks Mark much appreciated.

Comment

Cheers all appreciated the replies will have a look on Green baize

Comment

Are you lot all on a retainer from Greenbaize ?
              Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
              but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                Are you lot all on a retainer from Greenbaize ?
                Well he does have the most cues to try out on his tables, with decent prices and nothing is too much trouble.
                I don't know of any other dealer who comes even half way close

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                  Well he does have the most cues to try out on his tables, with decent prices and nothing is too much trouble.
                  I don't know of any other dealer who comes even half way close
                  Agreed. If there's anywhere better for picking and choosing a cue I'd like to no about it. Only place I know that would come close is Craftsman Cues in Kippax Leeds.

Comment

Working...
                  X