Britannia cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Britannia cues

I am after a couple of cheapish cues and spotted this on eBay and wondered if they are any good

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2514923045...84.m1423.l2649

ADR147 stocks them mate they are very reliable cues

Comment

Originally Posted by renzie67 View Post
      ADR147 stocks them mate they are very reliable cues
      They start up, first time, every morning.
      sorry in a silly mood
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

ihave one reely enjoy yosimg it

Comment

I've used one, they're ok. But there are better cues for the money. A bit clunky and stiff for my liking but some prefer that feel and love them. Good luck.

Comment

Good cues for the money.
            VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
            Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
            Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
            Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
              I've used one, they're ok. But there are better cues for the money. A bit clunky and stiff for my liking but some prefer that feel and love them. Good luck.
              You do gibber some nonsense, every single cue is different whoever makes it, a comment like ' a bit clunky and stiff' can only refer to the cue you were holding and is therefore as much use to a potential buyer as a chocolate fireguard!
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                You do gibber some nonsense, every single cue is different whoever makes it, a comment like ' a bit clunky and stiff' can only refer to the cue you were holding and is therefore as much use to a potential buyer as a chocolate fireguard!
                Let them all back they said, it will be fine they said, they'll keep their heads down and try not to annoy the nipples off everyone they said!
                No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
                  Let them all back they said, it will be fine they said, they'll keep their heads down and try not to annoy the nipples off everyone they said!
                  I am beginning to regret this choice!

Comment

True, maybe it was just the Phoenix, Omin and Mastercues I've tried over something like a Steel were better. It's impossible to have a big enough sample to make a true judgement between brands from just oneself. If anyone has played with a hundred steels and can compare them to a hundred Phoenix cues I'm sure they'll come forth. Otherwise, they're just saying a steel is a good cue based on the few they've tried. It's all opinion, nothing can be proved wrt to cues. As for the 'every single cue is different no matter who makes it' - This is tripe. If that was true we wouldn't be able to recommend a single cue maker as each cue maker would have no cue style. In general, a Parris will play different to an MW, particularly if it's jointed. So would a Trev or a TP. We know these things to be true from hundreds of opinions and experience of owning them. But hundreds of folk are ready to put their hands up and recommend Mastercue, Maximus, TP, etc, so I take these opinions seriously and they correlate with my own experience so when I say a Britannia is ok, I mean that in my experience and from what others have said about competing brands. As friends own two steels and were very keen to get rid of them describing them as average for the money (£150) and because I've played with those two cues, I tend to agree. That's research.
                    Last edited by Cannonball; 16 June 2016, 08:24 PM.

Comment

You do know I can read everything here right?

True, maybe it was just the Phoenix, Omin and Mastercues I've tried over something like a Steel were better. It's impossible to have a big enough sample to make a true judgement between brands. If anyone has played with a hundred steels and can compare them to a hundred Phoenix cues I'm sure they'll come forth. Otherwise, they're just saying a steel is a good cue based on the few they've tried. It's all opinion, nothing can be proved wrt to cues. As for the 'every single cue is different no matter who makes it' - This is tripe. If that was true we wouldn't be able to recommend a single cue maker as each cue maker would have no cue style. In general, a Parris will play different to an MW, particularly if it's jointed. So would a Trev or a TP. We know these things to be true from hundreds of opinions.
                      You are a blithering idiot who spends a lot of time deliberately annoying people, I would seriously recommend you don't make that person me. Anybody who would like to try a couple hundred different cues of all different makes at the same time is welcome to drop in.

Comment

True, maybe it was just the Phoenix, Omin and Mastercues I've tried over something like a Steel were better. It's impossible to have a big enough sample to make a true judgement between brands. If anyone has played with a hundred steels and can compare them to a hundred Phoenix cues I'm sure they'll come forth. Otherwise, they're just saying a steel is a good cue based on the few they've tried. It's all opinion, nothing can be proved wrt to cues. As for the 'every single cue is different no matter who makes it' - This is tripe. If that was true we wouldn't be able to recommend a single cue maker as each cue maker would have no cue style. In general, a Parris will play different to an MW, particularly if it's jointed. So would a Trev or a TP. We know these things to be true from hundreds of opinions.
                        Pointless post, not even literate, think more type less! Every cue is different, but mass produced cues tend to follow a template, use similar materials and generally have a very similar feel. You really don't know enough about cues to be offering an opinion to would be buyers, but you just can't help but have your say!
                        No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

You know the type he is, he's the guy in the club that just goes around everybody chatting sh!t, going on and on about utter sh!t, constantly annoying folk.. probably known as billy... billy bullsh!tter to anyone that knows him..

Lol

Comment

I had one about 3 years ago, paid about 40 quid for it, got rid of it as it was a tad short, kinda miss it though, unbelievably whippy, I have never been about to get as much reaction from the white since that cue, not that I really need to do that but it was fun to screw the White all over the place when I got a little bored

Comment

Just to add to this older thread . I have the Storm model which is 16 splices of Zebrano , Sycamore , Gabon Ebony and Ash . The splices are absolutely bang on level and the ash has beautifully spaced out chevrons and tight straight grain . The grand tips are superb also . The flat of the cue , through to the front splice and the shaft chevrons all line up perfectly too . Im very happy with it .

Comment

Working...
                              X