cue moving from the midle if the chin to diminatiin side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cue moving from the midle if the chin to diminatiin side

hi , i used to cue in the midle of my chin , should i try to cue cue under my dominate eye ??

No, it'll set you back years. Do what's natural to you

Comment

Try to have the cue under both eyes at the same time. Or cue under the left eye, then as you pull the cue back, bring it to your right eye, then as you deliver, go to centre chin.
      WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
      Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
      --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

hi , thank you , but this will put the cue out of line ????

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
          Try to have the cue under both eyes at the same time. Or cue under the left eye, then as you pull the cue back, bring it to your right eye, then as you deliver, go to centre chin.
          Lmao, nice trolling

Comment

Originally Posted by Mudza View Post
            hi , i used to cue in the midle of my chin , should i try to cue cue under my dominate eye ??
            Get down into your stance and address the tip of the cue to the middle of the cue ball. Close one eye, then the other, now which eye is showing your cue all the way to the tip at centre cue ball ? It's normally just one eye that puts the tip to the cue ball, the brain subconsciously shuts off the other one and only uses the information it needs for the job in question, one eye to sight down a straight line to the cue ball, both eyes to the object ball for depth perception and judgement of angles.
            You don't have to think about this and don't overide it as not any two people are exactly the same and your 'vision centre', the place between your eyes where the cue is placed, is the best place for your brain to get the information it needs and that's why you subconsciously put it there.

I have a very strong dominant left eye and my cue is directly under it when I play. I have experimented with closing my right eye half way down into my stance to ensure I address the cue ball only with my left eye to get it dead centre of the cue ball, the result being that the cue is directly under my left eye just the same as it is when I have both eyes open; but when I look up to the object ball it feels wrong and I miss 75% of shots when I address the cue ball this way, 100% of long shots, so something isn't quite right and goes to show that you shouldn't mess around with what comes naturally.

Most men have good natural hand/eye, most women don't, but in some cases this isn't so, and if this is the case with you then snooker either isn't your game or you're getting off the line as you get down into your stance, which is more likely.
            Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
            but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

thank you , clear and simple

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                Yep to all of that and a pen can be used to find the Visual Centre.

Not many Pro's cue under their Dominant Eye, and Terry was very interesting on this subject. I'll try and dig out the posts\threads, when I have time...

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                  Yep to all of that and a pen can be used to find the Visual Centre.

Not many Pro's cue under their Dominant Eye, and Terry was very interesting on this subject. I'll try and dig out the posts\threads, when I have time...
                  ??? almost all of them do lol. Some slightly dominant others more extreme but i can count them on my hands of all the top players that dont.

Comment

Name them and I'll find the post, which hopefully the person who posted it will wait for your handful :wink:

Comment

all top players started with a coach so he will teach them to aim under there dominant eye ...

Comment

We all sight differently, could be 10% left/90% right, 20%left/80%right, 50/50. Both eyes are required to determine distance. So even thou a player is right eye dominant he can still cue down the middle of his chin, also your stance can affect this as well, because a boxer (side-on) stance is different to a square on stance. I would suggest you create the Steve davis sighting tool from old yellow pages/magazines so you can see exactly where your cue should be.

http://poolplayingtips.com/wp-conten...1-cue-ball.jpg

Comment

all top players started with a coach so he will teach them to aim under there dominant eye ...
                          Hardly any pro players started with a coach.
                          Many go to one as their game drops as they get older
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Where do people get such wrong ideas? Dominant eye theory as most people understand it is not correct because every person sees aiming and especially sighting down the cue differently. It's something most players develop naturally until some 'coach' tries to get them to conform to their dominant eye and screws them up forecer.
                            Terry Davidson
                            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
                              ??? almost all of them do lol. Some slightly dominant others more extreme but i can count them on my hands of all the top players that dont.
                              I can only think of Ding and Ali Carter and even their heads are very slightly turned to the right with cue centre chin so not exactly 50/50.
                              Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                              but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Working...
                              X